2008 750 nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david smith

Reaction score
i just bought a 2008 750 nitro, with a 90 optimax. is there any problems i need to watch for , with this boat.

Not really problems, but spend an hour or 2 coming out of the hole and trimming up as you learn to drive it. I did not like mine at first, now I love it. You won't be breaking any speed records, but you have a good solid fishing boat.

One major problem with that boat....you will like it, get addicted and want to buy a bigger boat. Then the problem starts all over again.

P

I second Pierre! Wish I still had my 750 but the next one will be bigger.

Count me in as a third, I too had a 750, and now I have the Z-7.

Dave, I learned a lot in that boat, it gave me the confidence to make the jump up the foodchain. If it were not for these big open lakes here in south Texas, I would not have changed boats, well maybe not! You will love the size, the storage, the trailering, it is a great package. With the Opti that thing should sip fuel. Not sure what the Opti will do, but I ran a 22p Quicksilver on mine and broke 48mph on the GPS. Probably could have gone back to the 21p and run faster, but the holeshot was great.

Good choice, enjoy!

I fourth it, I had a 750 and now have a Triton TR186. It was a good boat!!

mark

One thing to remember ... it is not a 21-foot boat. Don't try to do things 21-foot boats can do. You can certainly do them, to be sure, but the risks of accident are high.

Maybe I'm odd man (or person Terri) out here, but for me, the size is perfect. I'm not on a mega reservoir, so if it is too rough for me to go out, I don't want to be out there fishing in that kind of weather anyway. Even though I don't have the Opti (wish I did), I realy enjoy the balance between size, speed, and economy. It fits what I do like a glove. Now if I could just quit hitting rocks with my prop I'd be A-OK.

Back