2006 nitros

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetnitro

Reaction score
i ordered a 2005 911 in may, and was told several weeks later that i

would be getting a 2006 model, it is scheduled to be comlete, on july 15.

my question is, does anyone know what it is they are doing differently

for 2006? the nitro website, still is advertising 2005 models, and i have not

been able to find any info on the 2006 version.

It will be manufactured with a 2006 hull ID #, but it will more than likely be what manufacturers call an "interem" model. They've run through the alotment of 2005 VIN's, but have not re-tooled for 2006 yet. So, it will have a 2006 VIN, but will be, for all intents, a 2005 model.

Craig

ouch, i was told that they have already done tooling changeover. no wonder the

dealer told me it would be at the '05 price! if in fact i do get an '05, that dealer

is going to have some explaining to do!

:angry::angry:

I bought my 188 Sport in June of 2004, delivered in August 2004 but the motor and hull both said 2005. For 2005 they dohave discontinued the 188's! So, I think it really is a 2004 with a 2005 number as was mentioned above. So I think you are probably going to be getting a 2005 model with a 2006 number just like I did.

NoCAL

Daver,

Sure did. Actually just before the change of ownership. I'm not so thrilled with the new owner but the service staff are still great. You from around here?

NoCAL

i live in gilroy, the 911 will be my first boat, so i am getting pretty anxious.

Nice boat. Did you get the Opti or Verado? Did you buy from GFM? I think you will really enjoy your choice. I would think you would be able to hit the high 60's with the right set-up on the 911. Where is your home water? Delta?

NoCAL

i ordered the 250 verado, added a lowrance lcx20.... w/gps and the big trolling motor (100 lb).

i did order it from gonefishin, not sure why, other than the fact that they were sponsors in a

WON tourney. i have a couple of friends, that fish the WON, and many team tourneys, i have

been mostly fishing the south santa clara county reservoirs, they are pretty good bass fisheries.

check out the picture in my folder, this fish was caught 2 weeks ago in coyote reservoir, they plant

trout in that pond, so the bass get pretty big, i have a friend that had a 48 pound 5 fish limit there,

that included a couple of 12's. I have spent quite a bit of time in the delta, but am looking forward

to spending alot MORE time out there.

Sounds like a winner. I am envious. If I see a big ole Nitro screaming down Frank's Tract, I'll know who it is! Nothing wrong with GFM just seems a ways for you to come. Mark the owner, has a boat similar to what you got. If yours is like his, you will be one happy fisherman. He's a good enough guy just not the most personable. The mechanics and other staff are all top-notch. Hopefully you won't have to use them but if any issues to crop up, they are good for repairing stuff. Just will be a bit of a haul for you to bring the boat up for service.

Back