2003 vs 2002 fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Winters2

Reaction score
Lake Sunapee, NH - Fish&Game is reporting a big decline in fish. Divers on Winnipesaukee, NH are reporting alot (or more than usual) dead fish on the bottom and a notable reduction in fish from last year. I myself have not had a banner year in both MA or NH - could be me (I'm looking for an excuse:).

Anyways, since this site has a good representation of different locations in the country I figured I ask the question. How has 2003 fishing been compared to 2002 and previous years?

- Better (I' getting a bigger boat)

- Same

- Worst (I'm selling the boat)

Thanks

Worse than last year but mostly due to weather. This has not been a good year for weather in our area.

The spring started off with a bang... more and bigger fish than the previous year...

then we had all the rain, and the storms, and the rain.

Since then, there has been a decline, but I have to remember this is "summer" patterns, but even so, last year at this time I remember bigger fish...

I think the constantly fluctuating weather has caused some interesting issues... many of the lakes/rivers have been well beyond summer pool alot longer than normal, and have had a whole lot more flow rate....

oh, KY by the way.

Worse than last year in some regards, but it's mostly my fault. In our club, I think the fishing is better.

Last year, I concentrated heavily on learning and fishing soft plastics. I did okay, but not great. Later in the year, better.

This year, I seem to be back to throwing too much junk, in the last 2-3 months. I need to get my 'focus' back, and work smarter, not harder.

Overall, I think our fisheries here are in better shape this year, which will pay off in 2-3 years. Overall, reports are good to better than last year. Just not me!

Tex

Worst this year by far... By this time last year I was on my 5th pike over 25 inches and a musky that measured 42 inches.. This year has been slow for a moment I thought there was something wrong with the river I fished by late spring I usually have 20 to 30 fish days. This year not in till two weeks ago has fishing picked up.. I think it's a bunch of things the late spawn I think is the biggest issue I did not see Frye in till 4 weeks ago.. We skip spring this year

Still good, but definately slower than last year. Haven't been seeing any dead fish but they sure aren't where they were last year.

H*LL Come on up to Canada ...The Fishing is always good, and the beer is always cold.
splashv2_glass.gif

Champ...you canucks are always on top of the game!! LOL....

That's a mighty fine lookin' bronzeback there!!! AAhhhhh!!

This has been my best year yet, at least for tournament fishing. As for numbers well this year is kinda skewed cuz i got tom fish Amisatd this year for one whole week. I bet i averaged 30-40 Bass a day, with only 3-5 keepers a day.

Good year for me down here in Texas.

Worse for me in MA. I actually refuse to fish locally anymore (with an exception or two). Most of the known fisheries are just way overfished. I spend most of my fishing time up in Maine either pre-fishing or fishing tournaments and even then I'm not doing so hot.

I'm off this weekend to fish Kezar Lake, hopefully the weather can hold out and I can manage my 8 fish :)

Since this is my first year in MI I really can't compare.

I can say that it's better because I am getting more time on the water.

I fish a local wednesday night tourney and from what I hear, the fishing is horrible this year. For the last several years on this particular lake, limits were caught by everyone and it would take 20lbs to win. This year, about 3 to 4 limits out of 20 boats come in and average weight to win is only 12 lbs.

The Michigan found 3 fish in this lake last year that had the Large Mouth Bass Virus. Next week for our T the Michigan DNR is allowing us to catch 8 bass per team, no size limit and they will be keeping the fish for testing.

I've had a great time on St. Clair though :eek:)

Marke

I agree Simmy! Spring was fantastic(at least down South) and KAPUT!! I can say with this" Not so hot summer"...that the water temps are steady around 80 or less and fishin' here in Ohio is not bad so far.......

TEE

I know with the father son tournys that my dad and i fishe there have only been 3 limits brought in this year with four out of five tournys done with each tourny averaging 10 boats a piece. Thats sad in my book.

T.S.

Latest posts

Back