2003 Tracker PT175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking at a 2003 Tracker PT175, that is in like new condition. The new price was a little better than $15K. If I use the NADA to price out the boat and upgraded motor and acessories I get Low $7725 High 9220. What would be a fair offer for this rig? Thanks for your help.Dougs

Depends on what you really want. There are disadvantages and advantages on a 2 stroke or jet. I'm not real familiar with the jets but, heard you do lose some control at idle. On the other hand you can get into some skinny water and are great for rivers.

As far as price...just start LOW and I mean almost embarassing THEN work from there. You'll always come out happy in the end:)

One more thing...REPUTABLE DEALER?

I agree with Tee Doug. Start with an offer as low as you can without laughing. Try the "Gee, I don't know if I want a jet boat or not" ploy.. Unless this boat is in excellent condition and you know the seller, or he has already mentioned an about price that he will take, or you're embarassed to offer a low ball bid, and you want the boat, make him a fair offer that you can both live with.

Good Luck

Bill

The jet limits the "marketability" of the boat. Those boats (PT 175) are made for tame lakes and rivers. the one you are looking at is leaning to be a river boat. Jet for rock hopping (BTW, Jets don't really like skinny water, suck up some weeds or gravel and watch what happens) and the bigger TM for current. Low ball it to the max.

TOXIC

Back