2003 Pro Team 185

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky Lohman2

Reaction score
Has anyone remover the passenger side panels all the way back to the rear deck? I have remover the front deck, but ran out of courage when I started to remove the rod lockers and the other side panels. I need to do some wireing. Are there any problems( alignment or other things) a person should be aware of?

I removed mine on the port side. Actually I didn't remove the rod locker, I just removed the lid and pulled back the side panel far enough to get in and do the wiring I needed to do. I didn't remove the deck, that's something I would sure cower away from. It all goes back together without a problem. If you are doing TM cable wiring you will have to cut some floatation foam out from under the rear storage bin for the cable to run under the bin and on into the battery area.

Hope this helps. If you need any more questions answered don't hesitate to ask.

Harpo

When you say rear storage bin do you mean the rear storage bin on the front of the boat? I wonder if the side panels can be removed without taking out the floor. I really need to remove the side panel by the passenger seat, but I think they come out after the front deck and in order form the front back. The front deck is no big deal to remove.

No, I mean the rear one behind the passengers seat. I'm trying my best to remember, I did this almost two years ago, but it seems like I didn't take the panels completly off. I just pulled them back far enough to run the new cables. I do remember NOT taking the rod locker off but straightening the rear panel of it so the side panel of the boat could move toward the center.

What kind of project are you on? I was able to run new 6 ga. cables without taking up the floor deck.

Harpo

O I C

The rear storage bin has a plastic insert. Just lift it out.

Wouldn't it be alot easier to just move the two TM batteries up front and leave the cranker in back. I think that alone would do the trick. IMHO

Harpo

I'm with Harpo on this one. I've done a lot of wiring on my 185 and they are not that accessible in places but, not bad depending on what your doing. I'd move the two trollers up to the front storage compartment right in front of the dry storage. You may have enough room to set them side by side...not sure. That would move a lot of weight. You may want to run the wires down the drivers side panel because of the accessibilty is easier. You can remove the drivers seat and there's an open panel with carpet over it that you can cut and get to everything easily. I used fishtape to wire a stereo, electric anchor up front and a new transducer and LCR for my console. There's also an opening under the seat that goes to the back...I don't think you could get to it from the passenger side that easy.

Just two cent:)

TEE

You should ask RedRocket how he did his, because from what I remember Red originally put the two trollers up front and that caused the boat to spin in a circle when you take your foot off the TM.

That's right! Redrocket went through all of this a couple of months back. Rocky, do a search with Redrocket as the author and see what he came up with.

Harpo

Tee,

I'm not sure, maybe the stronger TM and extra weight in the front?

Tee,

I'm starting to get a blackish waterline on my 185, I was planning to do the polish and sharkskin in the fall when it's cooler, how hard will it be to remove the waterline?

Tee - Did you notice that Rocky has a 115 on his 185???

Rocky - What is top end on that rocket right now? I don't think we've seen anyone with the 115hp post performance numbers?

Trep

I think two batteries up front would be too much of a good thing,lots of tongue weight. I am new to the boat, and tilt and trim, but so far I have seen 52 mph. Full tank, lots of gear, and me.

Back