1st tourny of the year results

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Lake: Murray (oklahoma)

Conditions: high of 42 and windy, water temp 46-48

number of boats: 22

fish: 0

Had the first tourny of the year today. The guy I was planning on fishing with backed out at the last minute so I had to fish it by myself. The wind BLEW HARD. I was in the biggest waves i've ever been in. When running inbetween them I could barely see over the tops of them. I didnt have much to show for my efforts.

I started out hitting main lake points with crankbaits and pointers before the wind picked up. I found a great area where there was a drop off with grass up on top of it, anywhere from 6 down to 10 feet of water i fished the pointer and crankbait over the top of the grass. I vowed to come back when the sun got up because it was a north bank and out of the wind.

I returned to that spot later and there were 3 boats sitting on the 100 yard stretch of bank. I never got onto anything. It was tough to keep the boat in one spot long enough to fish slow enough for this time of the year.

To make a long story short it was a rough day. For an 18 foot boat my 882 was awesome. I only speard one wave all day and never had any problems running the lake. I never got onto anything. I only fished a crankbait, jerkbait, shakyhead, and a jig...occasionally i'd throw a C-rig.

On a positive note i was able to stay focused right up to the last minute. I'm not too discouraged because i've never done real well in the early spring time fishing. I'm ready to go again!

Good report and what a way to start. Too bad you didn't have a partner for safety reasons in those conditions.

I start my first next month here in Kentucky, hopefully it will be calm.

What was weighed in that day?

I am currently in Cincinnati for the Bassmaster University. I am pumped to get out and go for sure now. Iaconelli,Menendez and Joe Balog put on a great show today.

Sure is cold and windy out right now though. Clark

You'll get it done BJ.. You said you remained focused and that's a lot of it. I never did understand why you wanted to sell that 882 of yours..

Bill

Bill-I got on the Nitro State Team. I ordered a new boat that should be here either this week or next week.

School is going very well. I had a 3.7 my first semester and was on the Vice Presidents roll or something like that.

Next tournament-March 19 Grand Lake BFL. I'll post another result page after it.

BJ

Back