1996 Nitro Savage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Street

Reaction score
Basically... Is this a good series of boats? I am looking at a 1996 Nitro Savage with a Merc 225 EFI on it for $8000.

I had a 1998 896 Savage that I bought new and ran for 7 years and had good luck with it.

I had a 1996 884 . The only problem I had was that the vinyl seats started spliting in less than month:angry: . The hull was sound . I sold it to a club member back in 2000 and he still has it Another member has a 896 and has no problems that I know of .

I had a 97 884 with a 150 EFI and loved it. I spent a lot of money on keeping the glass pretty. Had a few minor problems with components, and the transom area spider cracking. It was totally cosmetic in nature. Loved the boat and ran as well as most boats, even bigger ones. I fiend of mine still has a 98 896 with a 225 EFI. All I can say is hold on to your hat and don't wear a hot pink thong!

Randy!:D

I have a 884 savage dc with a carb.merc 150 on it.I love it.I have ridden in and drove a bunch of different boats and would put this one up with any of them on ride and handling.Just get in and hammer down.Good luck!

I have a 96 896 savage with a 200 efi, she tops out 72 mph on gps on good days averages about 67 mph full tournament load. She is stable and a dream to drive. I fish lake of the ozarks alot and with the pounding you take from all the boat wakes she has held up great.

:D

Billstreet,

If you are interested, I have a 2000 929cdx for sale w/225 EFI , see swap and sell.

Mike

Back