1996 896 DC Value

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Coughlin

Reaction score
Hi, I am getting close to buying my first Bass Boat. I am looking for advice on the value of a Nitro 1996 896DC. This boat is in great condition. It has a 150HP Mercury on it and 2 fish finders, Hydraulic steering, a jack plate and new controls. In addition, are there any concerns that I should know about with this year/make/model? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks-Todd

Welcome Todd, what are they asking? Have you checked NADA? A 96 is a well used boat and as always, if the price is right, it should all depend on an on-the-water test drive to test all of the features and a qualified mechanic checking out the motor.

TOXIC

Todd there is one here with a 225 on it that is in perfect condition for $13000. Believe me when I say that it is very low hours and in perfect condition. He has not used it ofter and I bet the whole outfit doesn't have 60 hours on it. But like Toxic says, what does NADA say?

Great boat and great riding boat.

Randy!

I have a 96 NITRO 896 Savage with a 200 Merc. low hours. The first owner hardly used it much, it was a dock quee. If interasted give me your email address and I would be glade to talk to you. There are pictures of her in my library.:D

Todd there is one here with a 225 on it that is in perfect condition for $13000.

Man, I'd love to see that thing run! It would go like a scalded cat, I bet. It's a shame the CG sticker limits the 896 hull at 200 ponies. Insurance would be unattainable also, but it would be a hoot to run and would probably handle it well.

Chris, I wish I was in the market because that is one sweet boat!!

Tim

i bought a lightly used 96 896 with a 175 about three years and I love it I asked the local experenced guys what dealer treats them right and had it checked out and everything brought up to specks and never had a problem since I use at Lake of the ozarks where it is rough with a capital R and it rides great everything says tight. I alwatys go by first impression If the seats look good and the glas is not ozidized then it was probably taken care of. I bought mine off ebay 3 years ago for $ 6500 but that was a heck of a buy in times like this there is always someone looking to unload fast check e-bay and craig list but you won't be disappoinjted with the boat

Back