1995 2000DC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernest Ilarde

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm thinking of purchasing a 1995 2000DC w/ 175 Mercury from Holiday Boat Sales in Lynwood, IL. Dealer says the boat is owned by a doctor who barely had time to use it and who is now living in GA and doesn't want to pay to move it down there. Dealer says the boat has sat there for 2 years and they (dealer) will guarantee that everything works and will provide a warranty for 30 days up to 10% of the cost of the boat. Is this a standard in the industry? excellent customer service, or just a "line" to get me to buy. I've tried doing a search but could not find a lot of information. This will be my first boat so any information you can share on this boat and this dealer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

For a 95 I think that is pretty good. I'd still have the compression checked and the lower unit oil. Those are things that might sneak up on you after the 30 days. If the price is agreeable go for it.

TOXIC,

Did you have a bad experience with Holiday? Or do you think they are being "shady"?

Thirty days is probably about 2-4 days of fishing at best and that's not much of a warranty.

Check price overall with NADA info and see if it's a decent deal, and like others said, have the motor checked out by a mechanic of your choosing.

Most boats of age that are bought from owners come with no warranty so I wouldn't think that would be an issue unless you feel you are "overbuying" the boat (paying for the warranty!)

Good luck!

Tom(fishfafun)

No, but I am a firm believer in getting outside opinions. Just like when you buy a car, you don't have the dealers mechanic tell you the everything is ok, you take it to another dealer to be checked, same with a boat. Get a 3rd opinion. someone with no vested interest in the deal. Not a slam on your dealer at all.

TOXIC

My last boat was a 1994 2000DC with a 200 Merc. The boat was an excellent fishing platform and a good performer. With a 25P High Five prop, hole shot was awesome and it topped out at 61 mph with two people and tackle. The ride was exceptional even in heavy rollers and in wakes on holiday weekends.

I don't know what 10% of the cost of the boat is - but it surely isn't going to be much of a dent in the out-of-pocket costs if the motor blows or you have any other major problems..........

The less-than-obvious things to consider are the age/condition of the accessories like the electronics and trolling motor and batteries. 3 batteries x $75 = $225. Is the trolling motor the original 45# thrust Motorguide - it was just barely adequate when new and by now is likely to be worn out; that's another $750 for a decent tm. Those old Hummingbird fishfinders aren't good for much more than checking the depth of the water - figure on spending another few hundred dollars there..........

me!

Final thought, Ernest..... One that kept hitting me yesterday but I didn't write it.....

The "doctor story" sounds like bs to me..... It doesn't cost anything to "ship" a boat to Georgia - just hitch it to the back of your car. Ask the dealer if you can see the title, get the name of the owner and contact him..... If the dealer is telling the truth, he won't have anything to lose by letting you..... If he's not..........

me!

Latest posts

Back