1995 170DC Cracks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Dear

Reaction score
My 1995 170DC has a few cracks at the corners neer the transom but are really on the back platform. The 1995 kind of wraps around engine. Does anyone else have this problem?

Should I be worried?

Steve -

If you had a 1995 fiberglass boat without gel cracks.....

I'd be worried that you weren't putting it in the water enough!

:)

me!

Steve

On my 170 DC. My stress cracks are on the transom where the inset plate that the motor is bolted to, curves outward or backward to the rear two steps with rubber matt. From the bolt holes go left or right to the first curve in the hull. That inside curve.

I also have a few where the counsoles meet the sides or gunnels. They are very hard to see and are in the gelcoat only. These are typical and no problem. The ones that are open and you can see into the laminate(meaning fibers are exposed) are the ones that get you worried.

My old DC is like a rock, except a rock sinks and my boat floats.

fatrap

Steve as fatrap has explained to you this is normal. My 1993 170dc has just what all the rest has in the same areas. This is from fishing lake erie and running some times to hard. These boats will take a pounding.

Fatrap, what type of set up do you have with your 90hp. I got a 115 on mine and am looking to go S/S on the prop?

Dale I can't remember what pitch prop and the boat is in storage. I have a SST prop. I have a HiJacker 6" jackplate and the cavitation plate level with the bottom of the hull. I was hoping that the jackplate would solve the wash over the transom effect of a quick deplaning but it didn't. Thought the ss prop would give me more top end but it didn't change a thing.

Got a 24 volt Tracker troller on the exchange deal when I bought the boat and upgraded to the 90hp. I can't believe anyone would want this boat with a 60hp. I can hit 48 mph with a light load(no wife or dogs)and just myself.

From 93 to now it's been a solid rig. Fished the South Dakota resevoir system, Leech Lake, and some other water considered too big for this rig.

fatrap

Back