150 Opti

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Right now I'm getting 5200 RPM out of my 150 Optimax on my boat an 07 Tundra. According to everyone I've talked to I should be getting 5700RPM and 52 should be my "Sweet spot" for crusing. The engine still has about 20 minutes of break in. I'm running a 21 inch Tempest SS prop. It's the "book" setup. Yesterday running a light load no livewell water etc just me 5200. I know one guy only who has my set up only with a kicker motor and with another guy who runs to the book specs. Just some thoughts please.

fatrap

It seems to me that your RPMs are low for a 150 Opti W/21p prop. i would think you could spin a 23p tempest with out a problem. but i am not by any means in any position to recomend any setups.

GregD

Hang on just a bit longer until the Opti ECU counts out the last of the break-in time. It's hard to do, but she should open up a bit more after the break-in cycle is complete. Good luck and enjoy!

Fatrap,

I have the same setup and the same RPM's. I thought of going to a 19 or 20 pitch but I have a great hole shot and can carry 6 adults with no problems. 100 rpm for 1 MPH isn't bad.

I think you'll be happy when you really get to run it. If you do change props let us know the results.

Troy

Agree with DanJ.........it'll loosen up and run faster after the ECU "lets it"...;)

Fatrap,

I have the same RPM's as you. Only difference is that I have a Tempest 23 on a Avalanche. I'm going to try a 21 Tempest this weekend to compare over all performance differences. I will also try different VPS plugs for hole shots.

Back