Zoom Horny Toad

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Anderson

Reaction score
Alright...Doing my reading to try out some different baits and was reading quite a bit about the Zoom Horny Toad....Anyone use them? Any success? And how do you rig them if you've tried them?....Jig trailer; Texas rig; surface (weightless)....I am really interested in looking at it as a jig trailer but it seems bulky at the front and may hinder hook ups.......LA

I think the most often used technique would be to rig it with a 5/0 EWG and run it across the surface of the weedbeds like a Scumfrog. You can also burn it across the surface like a buzzbait. Another method I like is to pump it and let it sink like a little frog comming up from the bottom. I like the watermelon color best.

Harpo

LA I agree with Harpo.. I went thru quite a few bags(read 50) this past fall!!....Rigged with 5/O Gammy weightless over lillies, hydrilla mats and make sure you use braid!.. The strikes will be explosive and hard!!... When they hit the toad they're out for blood!!!.... Hang on it's fun!!!

These are great baits. My partner and I won a boat this year during the Skeeter Bass Champs Championship on Sam Rayburn fishing nothing but Junebug Horny Toads over pond weed. Like Wild Bill says they strikes are explosive. Let them take it for a second then jerk their lips off. You have to let them take it or you will just pull the big plastic out of their mouth. Braid is a must. A very fun bait to fish.

Latest posts

Back