Zipper Worm Company Sponsor!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I have officially joined the Pro Staff of Zipper Worm Company for the 2011 season. I will be fishing the Lady Bass Anglers Association (LBAA) as a pro in 2011. I will also fish the BASS Weekend Series or the BFL depending on schedules. This is the first company I have chosen to align myself with.

They have been making product for about 20 years and recently sold to Curt Johnston who moved the operations from Oregon to Oklahoma. Curt is working on some innovative products to join the products they already sell today. I can't say enough about how wonderful I have been treated since I began discussions with them. Many of you are familiar with the RoboWorm which used to be a part of Zipper. Zipper makes some hand poured worms that I can't wait to try.

They called me again yesterday and want to wrap my boat, order jerseys, business cards, etc. My cards will have a pretty decent discount promo code on them which will save you money on your orders. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Check out the Zipper Worm at www.zipperwormcompany.com!

Congrats Teri, thats awesome. Keep up the good work!!!!

Congradulations Terri.

I checked out the company web site. Some cool stuff. I like the jig heads. Got to order some.

Post a pic when your boat is wrapped.

Dan

Bluefrog, I was really excited about their new jig line which should be available to the public in the next week or two. I love jigs and was super excited they were working on something new for their line.

As soon as I get my 'promo code', I will let you know! :D

Kudos Teri! Great news and well deserved. I just hope they know what a wonderful representative they're getting in the deal. Good luck! ;)

Congrats!! About time. Sponsors will really help offset your bottom line. Have you thought about your tax situation for next year? Might be time to start writing off some expenses and such.

TOXIC

Toxic, I have turned down some sponsor offers because I only want to align myself with products I believe in and want to use. Hmmm, someone gave me that advice I think. :p

I actually just put together a fishing resume and haven't really sent it to anybody. Zippper actually connected with me via Facebook. You never know who is watching! Guess I need to start behaving myself on this site. :rolleyes:

I should have another announcement shortly! It's been a great week for me!

That's the best advice you can get. IMHO Go with what you believe in. The last thing you want to be known as is a "Patch Pirate" by selling yourself for an extra bag of worms or a higher matching percent of payouts or anything else that goes against your overall faith in your sponsor's product. Worked for me for a very long time. ;)

Way to go Teri GOOD LUCK, enjoy it,have fun & fish like you know you can:wacko:

that's great, Zipper was the first I used I still use the 5 & 6 " shakin worms along with the plan zippers, I have to admit I've gotten away from them a little but I'm sure if I went back to them - they would work great.

I think your doing the right thing picking companies that you can stand by their product. I've been with Castaway rods for almost 10 years & couldn't be happier.

Good luck next year.

Mark

Mark, just curious what you are using now instead of the Zipper brand? I am being given the opprotunity to make suggestions and request changes/colors. Wondering what you didn't like about the product to make you switch. The new owner is very committed to reinventing the Zipper brand and innovating new products.

Congrats Teri! I remember years ago you were asking about bait casters and now your on your way. I am glad it's all working out for you!

Donnie

Teri,

I'm not Mark, but if you are looking for inputs, I'd be happy to share my experience with them.

I used Zipper for a short time in Virginia. Not too short though - I gave them quite a try for a while - particularly their 5" Zipper worm in Cinnamon Oxblood and Green Pumpkin. I had 3700 boxes filled with most all of their colors, but just wasn't catching as many fish on them as I was on a 4" or 6" Zoom Dead Ringer, so I got away from using them and sold all of them off in a huge lot - worms, spider grubs, etc...

The plastic wasn't as soft as the Zoom offerings, and had kind of a weird feel to it compared to the plastics in other companies baits. My hooks didn't slip into the Zipper plastic the same way they did in others. Granted, the plastic lasted a bit longer than most, but I also wasn't getting as many bites on them unless I soaked them in an attractant. At the time, I think I was into using "Bang" spray, and fairly certain the fish I was catching on them were during the times I was soaking them in the attractant.

Now Roboworm... that's another story. :cool: I like their 4.5" and 6" straight tail worms - particularly the colors Margarita Mutilator, Aaron's Magic, and Green Weenie. I've used them on light shaky-head rigs in Texas, and they work well, but don't last very long. The fish tear them up pretty good, but hey... I'm catching fish, so I'm not complaining. I've been meaning to try their version of the Zipper, as they advertise that theirs has the same salt-release system as the rest of their offerings.

I'm big on texture of plastic, ease of rigging a hook through it, and salt content in a lure. I have to admit that I have not checked out the offerings from Zipper for quite a few years, so I'm not sure what they are putting out now. But if the plastic still feels like the ones I had, and they don't have a bit of salt in them... well.... they just aren't my thing.

Congrats on the sponsorship! I hope you enjoy the relationship with the company.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn, have you looked at Zipper's Hand Pours like the 6" Big Weenee? I will definitely have those in my order.

I did pass your feedback onto Zipper and told them I value your opinion highly. Thanks for taking the time to make the post.

Teri,

I have not, but I will say that you're doing a heck of a job promoting your sponsor from the get-go! :) I just looked at them and I'll be placing an order to check them out. Thanks for the suggestion. That "Bad Blood" looks like something I'd throw, as well as the Camouflage, Grape Neon, and Green Pumpkin. I'll place an order for those 4 bags and give them a thorough test. Do you know if they have salt in them?

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn, I am getting a promo code activated on Monday. If you can wait until then, I can save you a few dollars. My code will also show them I am helping out. If you already ordered, that's fine. I hope you like them!

I can't answer your question on salt but I did put that question in to see if the regular or hand pours contain salt.

I am surprised about Zipper not being as "soft" as other baits. I would say if you like the Roboworm feel, you would like Zipper just the same or not more.

I don't get anything for pushing sales so I want you to know I will always be honest about any of their products.

Teri - I've been on vacation and off the computer, so missed this and the KFC one - WOO HOO Mega Congrats!!! Eli LOVES's ROBO worms, so we'll be ordering and trying stuff.

VERY proud!!

Trep, I wondered why you hadn't piped in on the mention of RoboWorms. I know you are a fan of those. I own them myself. I hope you try the Zipper hand pours. The 6" Big WeeNee or the 4.5" Shot Worm will give the Robo a run for the money. Interested in honest feedback too when you test them out and compare. Be sure and use the promo code TCPROMO if you decide to order.

That's awesome Teri...congrat's!! Good talking to you over the weekend too. ;):wub:

Latest posts

Back