Z9 recall?????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Lively

Reaction score
:huh:Any news on the Z9 recall?

Truth, rumor, facts, why, when, etc.????

What I heard is this,...All Z9's currently in the field and in dealerships have been recalled to address some "issue".......don't know anymore than that, nor will I speculate,.....but supposedly all Z's coming off the assembly line now are "fixed".

Stores with Z's in their inventory were told to move them off the floor and send them back "immediately".....That's all I know, so don't ask a million questions or start any new rumors. The recall is true,...........but the reason is unknown to me anyway!!:huh:

I heard that they mistakenly added a chemical to the gelcoat that violently reacts to water. 10 minutes after launching your boat, the whole thing explodes!:eek:

(I figure if you start a rumor, make it a good one!:rolleyes:)

Rich D

I'll be going down to BPS and talking to the service manager today. I"ll do a little reconoitering and let you all know what I find out.

I had read on a differant message board that KVD had hit a log or something but I have no idea that the guy who posted that had a clue or not.

Harpo

Hey Rich you're right about the reaction with water but it doesn't really explode it releases a built in inflatable life raft encased in the glass. Kinda like a lobster shedding it's shell. Then there you are at 75 MPH with a 250 merc strapped on the back at WOT. WoooHoooo.;)

You mean to tell me that at $50,000 these things don't diagnose and repair themselves????:wacko:

And at that price they do not break down, they malfunction!

Still sweet rides though! Any one giving one away?

Randy!

" at that price they do not break down, they malfunction!"

That's funnnnnnny!!!!:D

I didn't find out much. An un-named source did tell me that he/she heard something about the boweyes being off center. Never thoght about it but that would present a problem....I guess. Doesn't sound like something to bring the whole fleet in though. However, they had moved the one they had on the showroom back to the service dept. I gotta say...that is one good lookin' boat. It was the red/silver color. Sweeeeeeet:wub:

Harpo

At 90 mph the bow eye being off center will cause the boat to pull in opposite direction because of increased drag on one side of the boat....maybe? :unsure::blink:

Gene

Latest posts

Back