Z8 With Pro Xs 225

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronc4773

Reaction score
My z8 (40 hours) on 225 Pro XS , 3.375" prop shaft below transom, With a 25" Tempest plus runs only 63 with a light tournament load and two ave anglers. Only weight add is two talons. Any remedys?

I have the same set up on my z8 and I get about 59 mph out of it. Probably have more than a light load of tackle though and (3) group 30 AGM batteries. The top R.P.M. is in the range mentioned above. I am interested to hear what if anything I can do to get higher speeds out of it.

If you have the same prop that could be the problem, however do you have a jack plate? i'am running 67 mph with 4 grp 27 batteries and running a 24 pitch Fury prop with a 6" hyd. jack plate at 5700 rpms

Sorry just circling back to this unfortunately have not been on the water in a month... I do have a jack plate non-hyd. I have a 26 pitch fury prop. not sure on the exact RPM. I will check out the exact RPM next time I finally get out.

Latest posts

Back