Z8 is out.

• Thread starter Bryan McDonough
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets hope they don't price it to the moon. I'll bet it'll clear 40K. :(

I may be in the market for a new rig next season, i am very anxious to see this rig and how they are going to price it.

my local dealer was going out to see the reveal of this boat. i am waiting to here back from him to get his thoughts. he was expecting the price range to be in the mid 30K range.

time will tell.......

GregD

Id bet it will clear 40k easily with a 225 hp motor. The Z7 loaded up with an opti motor is in the low to mid 30's now if you get anything bigger then a 150 and normal options like brakes, jackplate etc.

Jim,

did you put the brakes option in your boat? With that 175 pro it would be cool option...

all kiding aside, i will be interested to see what they price it at. the Z8 is supposed to replace the 901/929. both of those rigs were priced at 28/33k to start. without upgrades or options. i am hoping they don't blow the price out of my range on the new Z8.

i passed on a deal this summer that has been eating away at me since. i could have picked up a 2007 911/225opti for 32K. i am not in any hurry to do anything this fall, but next spring will be another story.

GregD

Yep, they were priced that low but as you said, no options. The 901 for instance for 29k(~30600 with freight) comes with a 150 on it. The 901 really needs the big block 200 power just to plane out good since its so heavy and with that one upgrade your at 36k shipped with no other options or rebates factored in. Add a few options like a tandem axle trailer with brakes(another must have for a 901), dual console, hot foot, blinker trim and an upgraded TM and your at 40k on a 19' boat. Knowing how Nitro prices thier boats I can see the Z8 being up over 40k when you option up the motor that should be on it and other stuff like a tandem axle trailer etc. I managed to get my Z7 up into the low to mid 30's and i left a lot of options off the table(granted a 18' triton or Ranger or champ would have been in the 40k range with the motor i got). We wont know 100% for sure until they release the pricing but id bet that will be the case.

BTW why are you looking to get rid of the 882?

i am not so much looking to unload the 882, i have been very happy with the boat to date.

however, i would love to have some more room on the front deck. i find the deck to be small when fishing a tourny. with the seat pole mounted and 8+ rods on the deck i find myself wishing there was more room. the rear deck is plent big enough.actually it is to big i wish they would have moved the fuel tank and seat layout a few years earlier.

like i said in the post above, i missed a pretty good deal on a 911 this summer. the idea of 4 across seating is a real big deal to me. knowing the Z8 is only 3 across, the added deck space would be a huge improvement.

i may be looking at another state team boat at the end of next season. i think the Z9 CDC will be out of my price range even at the state team discounted price. but it may be in the range of new Z8 or another fulley riged 19' boat.

i ran Winni a few times in August and it really got my wheels turning about getting a new rig. as good as thew 882 runs, we really got beat up pretty bad. i really want to start fishing tournies with my son. it would be nice to have a boat big enough for both of to fish from the front deck. not to mention the safety factor of a larger hull.

GregD

I hear ya on Winni, it can beat you up for sure. It doesnt matter what brand or how big it is when the boat generated shop gets going you will get beat up. I used to run that lake in a 15'7" bssboat. Talk about getting beat up.... Actually the worst ride i have ever taken on Winni was in a 21' Triton. The guy beat the hell out of us and it was not a good day and it wasnt even that nasty. My personal opinion based on riding in a ton of different boats with differnet drivers, the saftey factor and ride has every bit as much to do with the driver as it does the boat.

Your right about the front deck on the 882, it is kind of small and it can get crapmed up there when there are a hand full of rods on deck. That was of the only gripes i had with mine, i could not lay a 7' rod flat on the deck, it wasnt even close. The Z7 did cure that issue, the front deck is at least 2' longer easily and wider. I can lay 6 or 7 rods out and not feel like they are in the way at all.

One tihng about the Z8. Its actually going to be a 20 footer. 20'1" to be exact with a 250hp rating from what im reading. I also say a picture of one rigged with a 250 on it and you wont see a 250 on anything smaller then a 20' boat. Thats why i think that boat is going to be up over 40k easily. It looks like a nice rig for sure. It appears that the 19' class boat in the Nitro lineup for 09 will be the Z7. It appears that they will not have a true 19' boat in the lineup. I have noticed that boat companies tend to round to the nearest number so the Z7 at 18'7" is a 19 foot "class" boat. When i had a 15'7" champ it was concidered a 16 footer, they even called it a "Mean 16" as a model. The god news is even at 18" 7" it fishes really big. The front deck will take two guys easily with room to spare. I think the Z7 rides a lot better and dryer then the 882 as well comparing the two and the way i drive them. I never really got beat up too bat in my 882 and i had it in some really nasty stuff over the years, so far i have had my z7 out in 3 footers and it was better for sure.

Geez GregD - I guess it will now be me sitting in an old boat when I see you and Jim B over the next few years. My plan is a Z9 in 2011. Three more years ... onthe plus side, I am now spending more time into launching a local fishing site next summer. Maybe I will get a few pics and put together a story about you guys on Lake Winnisquam next year in your nice new boats! :eek:

Bill, the MadKayaker

Hey Bill nice to hear from you!!! i was wondering about you and your project were.

i don't think you see me in a new boat next season, but i am keeping my options open.

i really like the 901 and wish i had bought one when i picked up the 882.

allhou, the 882 was and is a great boat. it is my first real bass boat and it was a good boat to learn in. i grew up on the ocean, so i was used to running bigger boats in rough water. that has a lot to do with wanting more front deck.

i agree with you 100% when it comes to safety. i have wittnessed some really stupid stuff out on the water, luckely for me. i was only involved in one miss hap and i was the non boater. we were fishing a northern bass open on winni, we left Gilford bay at close to 65+mph and turned the corner and were welcomed by 3+ swells. we launched straight up in the air and landed flat down on the hull. we hit so hard that his gauges fell out of the console. it really opened my eyes about driving a smaller boat in rough water.

i would really like to move into a twenty footer. i may have to wait a few yrs to get what i want fot the price i can/want to afford. the idea of dropping 40+ on a boat that you can only use 6 months a year makes me a little crazy.

GregD

Bill, its great to hear from you. What have you been up to?

Greg, that must have been one painful landing. The guy is lucky he didnt crack the hull hitting it that hard.

I have been on the non boater end of some pretty stupid stuff too. The guy in the 21' triton comes to mind, in 2' swells he managed to bust a windshield, loost a fish finder and i lost two rods off the side from stuffing waves. I wasnt that bad out there by any measure but i was a non boater and thats who i drew. I had my little champ at the time and i know for a fact with the waves out there i would not have even gotten wet. This guy didnt know what the trim was and was full thrittle all the way with the bow just buried.

Id have to say the all time worst was as a mass bass state fish offs on Champlain a number of years ago. I was stuck with a guy that had a 16' junker with a 150 on it and 4+ footers. They never should have allowed this guy out there but they did, he had no place for me to tie rods down, no handles to hold onto and he drive like a mainac. We didnt make it from appletree to keeler bay and i lost 4 rods and had to tie the remaining two i had left to my leg to keep them in the boat. After we got there his TM died, he ran back to appletree to get his spare and i said hell with this and left, my dy was done at 8am and i was hurting bad.

All time most painful on Winni would have to be two years ago when we fished the fish offs at there. I think you were that at that tournament if i remember correctly. I brought my boat and fished the practice day but i was a non boater. The day 1 draw i was in a 19' ranger fish and ski and boy what a beat ride. It was safe but just a very harsh riding boat, he didnt try to overdo it either. I wish i could have convinced him to take my boat on day 1. It wasnt that bad out there and we would have been dry and comfy in my 882 instead of beat up bad. I ended up having to go for a lonjg ride in my truck with the heated seats on to loosen my back up after that deal. At least on day 2 i got to ride in a 21' cobra with a driver that knew what he was doing.

I was there for the fish off at Winni, it was a very mild weekend on the lake. i remeber it well because i was able to run fron Center harbor to chestnut cove at close to full throtle the whole way. one of my concerns about fishing Champlain teh yerar before was being a non boater. my best friend ended up getting married that same weekend, so i never had to be the non boater. i stayed home instead.

one of the guys from the club i left 2yrs ago almost lost his boat up there. he was running a 20' Basscat at 70mph and hit a giant swell from a 40ft cruiser. he said he never let up on the throtle thinking he would just cut throu it. he ended up landing on the starboard side and the boat cut hard to the right and blew out into a 180. the non boater almost fell out of the boat. luckly he fell on the the guy driving the boat.

and the kill switch was pulled and the motor shut down.

can you imagine if you were the non boater in that situation? i would punched the guy in the side of head once i got bearings straight and relized i was not dead.

the boat that i was in at winni when we got launched ended back in the shop for some hull repairs.

GregD

Thanks for re-establishing that there are some people who have never learned how to drive a boat. Just bcause you own one doesn't mean you know how to drive it. It would be nice if everybody could ride with an experienced rough water driver to see just how well bass boats can do if driven properly.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back