Z7 Trolling Motor Pedal Recess

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Clune

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a new Z7. I would want to mount a Minn Kota Fortrex trolling motor. The pedal, at it's widest point (where the speed rheostat is located on the side) is 8.25". The pedal recessed area on the Z7 measures 7" wide at the base, 10.5" wide at the top, & is 15" long. If you place the Minn Kota pedal as close to the top of the recess as you can, allowing for cable room, it is a really tight fit on width right at that rheostat. The BPS salesman tells me I cannot use a larger aftermarket tray, because enlarging the recessed area would affect the integral strength of the hull/top cap. Anyone here have this setup? If so, are you experiencing any problems with tight fit? Do you think that what the BPS salesman told me about an aftermarket tray is true?

You should have no problem with clearance. However, if you'd prefer a little more room for ease of mind, simply elevate the pedal with a piece of 1X4 or 1X6. Good luck and enjoy! ;)

geezer1 I have a 591 not a Z7 but I think that it's almost te same setup as the Z7. I have a fortrex that I was able to get for my boat. It will fit just fine. I have no problems using mine or setying it up. Here is a pic of mine.

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/shimano4u/?action=view

I have a Z-7 and it has a Minn Kota Pro Maxx 80 pedal in the well. I have no issues at all with clearance. If the Fortrex uses the same pedal, which I thought it did, you should be good to go.

Tom

Latest posts

Back