Z7 removable console?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Chance

Reaction score
Ordering up my boat and the hyped "removable" cansole is temporarily not an option anymore. Guess there was some type of issue with it? and they are "working on it" Anybody help me out with this? I was really wanting that option and would hate to order the boat with a regular dual only to have it reintroduced a monthe later.

Derek Chance

Im not sure since im not in the market for a new one but i wonder if you ordered a single if it would be added after the fact?

Regardless i wouldnt wait too much longer to order a boat. They take 8 to 10 weeks to be built from the time you order it then there could be a wait in shipping depending on when other boats are headed to your area. When i ordered my 2008 i think it took around 12 weeks to arrive. I ordered it in late Dec and it got it just in time for fishing season.

Have you thought about getting them to locate your boat at another dealer? They found an exact match and shipped it to my selling dealer. Just a thought.

My dealer will be Bass Pro in Spfld, MO. What I am saying is that the removeable console system that was touted as being a big option, has been called back and not being offered at this time and I want to know when it may we worked out.

This news sucks to me as this was a great bonus to the newer boats in my opinion. Although I will tell you a quick story.

About 3 weeks ago I was at Bass Pro (Foxboro,MA) and I was holding my buddies son (18months) literally holding him while I placed him in the driver seat of a Z-7 and this chump BPS "boat" employee came over and started whining like a lady about kids in the boat. again, I was holding him and he wasnt even moving.

But anyways, I then explain to the guy that I am in the market to purchase a new boat this year and that my choice so far is a Z-7 or Z-8. Telling him my favorite option is the "new" removable dual console. So this guy goes on for 20+ minutes how he has never heard of that,he would know before anyone, what am I talking about, he then says ANY dual console is removable with a drill etc, I said No ****, but this was a "Convenient" way to quickly remove the console if needed.

Well regardless this employee has made my mind quickly in the choice of using my favorite store in the world(BPS) or a specialized boat dealer. The boat dealer has won.. And i hope Nitro releases some info about the dual console problem as this is big news..

also: after all this, the guy tries giving me his card lol..ya thanks PAL

I hear you, however the BPS here in Springfield is pretty good. They deal with all the local pros rigs etc. and I have heard nothing but positive about this BPS. I know that is not the case at other BPS stores.

I just looked online and its stil listed as a feature and it looks like a pretty nice one. I will say ho i have a dual console( my last two boats have been duals) and i have never once wished i could remove it.

The only reason I feel I would like to remove it would be when I have 2 other people on the boat with me. It just makes it easier to not have one at that point. I hope Nitro updates thier site with some updated info.

I have fished 3 people off mine quite a bit and i havent found it to be in the way really. The front deck on the z7 is big enough to fish two people easily and put the third out the back.

Ya that is true, My current boat is 17'5. which could be used to fish two up front. just the more room the better.

My deal is this, it may be petty, but If I am spending the $$ on a new boat, I want to have a choice of all the options that will be available on that model year boat. What if I order it one way and 2 months later they say "OK now this is an option" and I am not able to get it even if I wanted it? I would be disappointed. I want a dual, but why not have the chance to take it out easily if I ever needed to. Sucks

think about the people that boat there boat last year to only have nitro come out and now offer it for 8 k less.. alot of the guys on the nitro prostaff are going to have to eat the resale loss.... and you always have the risk of them deleteing an option or added one...

All the consoles from the 591 to the Z-7s are "removable" modular consoles. The system Derek is talking about is the option for the quick romoval system offered for 2010. The consoles can be removed in about 30 seconds with no tools, dual console models without this option can still be removed, but it is a little more time consuming. I had not heard that it was being removed as an option for 2010, but I can tell you this, if its "being worked on" it means that it will not be back till its absoutly perfect, and if history is any indication, you will not see it again in 2010. Anything is possible, but I would not hold my breath.

I understand the upset of people who bought a boat last year and now seeing the boats price lowered for this year, yes it sucks. But like anything it can change overnight. Be happy you have a nice new boat and life goes on. This subject had nothing to do with 2009 compared to 2010 prices, think of it this way, the guy who still works his ass off all year can maybe be in a nice nitro now instead of forced to fish from a tracker or similar.

This topic is about Nitro promoting something then all of a sudden out of nowere saying it is no longer an option, which untill now has still not been quoted by "nitro boats" so we are just hoping something is released soon .

I wonder if the big knobs that hold it on didn't stay tight enough. I was thinking the same as you, it would be nice to be able to remove it sometimes.

What options / colors did you end up ordering? How long did they tell you it would take to get?

sounds like basstrackerma went off a bit on the bps employee who only gave him the most current info availble.

all modern modular consoles are removable by anyone that can remove their prop or change their sparkplugs. and it sounds to me like he spent considerable time trying to explain that to BASSTRACKERMA to no avail.

this poor guy who most probaly had no more info than we do now was giving you the most uptodate info possible at the time and you more than bit his head off.

I have been in that store while visiting my family and i can tell you their are signs all over the place telling parents they need to be in the boats with their kids.

that seems only fair to me and any good parent, but agian you choose to make it sound like this person singled you out. you mention in a later post the new prices are good for the working man. well .... this guy is a working man.

question? have you gotten any better info from a independent dealer? my guess is no

so why trash a store dealer because they gave you the newest info?

sounds like this person was a pro to the bitter end, he gave you his buissness card to take responsibility for all he told you and he was correct and informative . if I were you I would appoligize to this person a.s.a.p. as he and his store have been done a diservice by you.

I got the moonshine color scheme. with black sahara trim and Ice white N and Hull bottom.

Jackplate

hot foot and blinker trim

remote oil fill

hydro steering

trailer brakes

dual console

retractable tie downs

I am putting a HB Side imaging in console on my own and moving x 96 to bow

spare tire kit

keel guard

tm upgrade to 82lb MG

I am putting a stay n charge all charge system in it on my own

200 pro xs

I think that is it.

said it could be about 8 weeks. depending on how boat shows go

nice rig that should get it done on all but the great lakes.

do you like the hb side image? i havent heard much except for the comericals, and you know they promise the world. no keel gard? do you guys all have docks next to your boat ramps? i've got one cause we have to beach it all the time.

Just a suggestion, I wouldn't have them install the x96 in your console if you are planning on moving it to the bow. It'll be a pain to get the ducer out if epoxied in and its not interchangeable with very many Lowrance units such as the HDS's if you end up putting one back in... Sounds like you put together a GREAT boat!

they are not going to install the transducer and I am having them install it in the dash so I don't have to cut the hole. I am putting a HB 798c SI in the dash then. Keel Guard is on the list!!

I have a couple buddies that are prostaff for HB and the SI is awesome. IMO better than the Lowrance technology. It has been on the market a good deal and has all the bugs and kinks worked out for the most part. Lowrance will be playing catchup for a while.

Mike Powers. First off Plain and simple kiss my ass. you got alot of balls behind a keyboard huh..

This employee had NO IDEA what he was talking about. On the front page on Nitroboats.com it stated about the NEW removable console. So for this know it all sales guy to try to explain to me the 2009 features when im clearly talking about 2010 features is just insane.

Next time think with your little brain before speaking about things you have no idea about.

Go read about 100 post on here of people telling other people to stay away from BPS for boat purchases and go to a store that focuses on boats only. I was always up in the air and not sure which way to go, Untill that night. You dont like it. Tough.

It's very clear to see you just started here yesterday, hmmm, wondering who you really are..(BPS foxboro Employee maybe)

Congrats Derek, yyour rig sounds a lot like mine with a little extra ponies on the back and i went with a Minnkota TM. You will be one happy camper when you get it. :D

Mike,

I have the HB 798 SI on my boat and i absolutley love it. The side imaging is fantastic, i have found stuff i never knew existed before and the 2d sonar is stellar too. I just installed the new down imaging update the other day and they added some nice features like new color pallets and the down imaging and some new split screen options. I wont really see what it can do until april but im looking forward to it.

Yes Congrats Derek thats awsome. I have seen Jims boat and that thing is impressive. Good luck with everything. Hoping to get myself in a Z7/8 this year also. Grats

dchance, that sounds like a great combo. I wish I was as far along in the ordering process as you are.

Sounds like a nice color scheme! Can't wait to see the pictures once you get it.

Latest posts

Back