Z7 Cover?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Chance

Reaction score
I am getting a new Z7 and although tempted, will not be forking over $700 for a factory cover that won't get used a lot. What "generic" covers are the best fit out there for the Z7? what do you guys have? It would only be used while traveling in wet weather and for covering at a hotel etc. Boat will be garage stored.

thanks

Derek Chance

I have one made by a company called tumac, its a custom fit that my dealer threw in when i got bought the boat and i think it cost somewhere ~400 to buy. Its not the greatest cover in the world but it works and it fits well. It doesnt trailer very well and in general most cheaper covers i have seen dont, its also doesnt breathe very well so condensation can be an issue.

I store my boat outside and honestly i need a better breathing cover then the one i have now. I plan to have Aurora Canvas make me one this spring. I had them make me one for my 882 when i had it and they make a top quality product. Its going to cost me but it will be worth it. If i had a garage to store in the cover i have now would be perfect for my needs but since mine sits outside i need something better.

Derek,

I have a TV 18 and have a Tumac cover. It is excellent and is cut for my boat with the console and troller etc.... I may not have the same type Jim is speaking about but it only cost me $350.00. I think it is a good mid grade cover and not to the standards of Aurora.

Mine does trailer well and I use it like you say you will.

Randy!

There is a guy that sells new factory covers on ebay all the time. I picked one up for $250 and like I said its the same exact cover has nitro parts numbers and all.

Good Luck

Derek, I bought a new Z7 last year and I to opted not to get the nitro cover. After talking to other nitro owners i'm glad i did'nt, I hear the cover is poorly made and leaks bad. So i decided to order a cover from bass pro shop, they assured me it would fit but it was'nt even close. I sent it back and ordered one from discount boat covers, it was junk, it was about as thick as a pair of blue jeans. Finally i found out about a guy in Pennsylvania who custom makes the covers for all nitro models, I ordered and simply love it, the cover is very well made and has an outer coating of some type of a vinyl feel, it will not leak. If your interested you can call the great outdoors marine and they will hook you up, the number is 304-525-4556 and ask for Jarrel Duty. Goodluck Steve

Ask the dealer for the plastic shrink wrap cover that they ship them in. I got mine and put it on top of my custom cover. The thing is tougher than nails and protects from about everything. Can't tow with it very well but for sitting outside it's awesome.

fatrap

Derek, sorry i'm so late getting back but the cover was around $400, it was well worth it. ps: I would advise against buying these generic cheap boat covers. Remember the cover of a boat is just as important as changing your oil in your vehicle, its the life of it. It took me years and a couple of boats to realize this.

Latest posts

Back