Z6 Wouldn't plane

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Windham

Reaction score
Ok, what am I doing wrong. I never use my live wells. I have my 08' Z6 with 115 set up preety well I thought. Powertech tuned prop, I have a 5 second hole shot and top end of 49 MPH on a GPS. I'm satisfied right. Well today I filled up my livewells and I mean filled, no visible overflow. Tried to get on plane and you'd think Ii was tied to the dock, holy crap what a difference the full live wells made. I'm not planning on using the wells but whats the solution? Wrong prop? Motor height?

Need more info. What RPM at WOT. Props pitch and number of blades to start with.

Dead still WOT @ hole shot is 3000 RPM and tops out at 5700 RPM's usually, I had a Laser 2 w/21P and powertech said I needed more cup for better bow lift. So now I have a 13.5x21 with more cup (PTR3R21PM135). Now boat has nice kift and I run at the very rear of the pad.

Sounds like your good with RPM. Did you reach 5700 RPM with other prop at WOT. That may be the prop you need to use.

Yes, just wasn't getting it all the way back on the pad. The spray was next too me running down the lake. Thankfully I don't use the live well. I did have two men in the boat, 1/2 tank of gas and live wells full to the lids.

With the prop with holes, remove 1 plug and leave 2 large. Fit an SE 300 sport and you won't believe it's the same boat. You won't lose any top end either

Latest posts

Back