Z6 Hole shot help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Perry

Reaction score
New Z6 standard 115hp with LaserII prop. So far I am pleased except that getting up on plane becomes a real struggle with more than half tank of gas and/or full livewell. My question is the prop came with "PVS" set with one completely plugged the other two about halfway opened. Anyone with this boat have the same setup and if so how is your hole shot?

Install an afterplane. I have great luck with "Doel-Fin" products. After that, experiment with the PVS set-up. They all vary based on load and conditions. There really is no "set" standard. ;)

I have the 08 Z6 and I had the same issue. The addition of a hydroplane and a jackplate helped a lot. I'm currently running a 22P LaserII with 1 large plug and the other 2 are completely open.

Zach, I have a jack plate also, what re your prop to pad measurments & top speed?

I keep it right about 4 inches. If I take it any higher the water pressure falls to around 10. If its just me I can squeeze 45 - 46 out of her. If I take a passenger 42 is the limit.

I am experimenting with my z6 since I have only been out with it 4times. I trim it up to first line on trim gauge and gas it , then slowly trim it up till till I get up on the pad. Works ok for me.

Latest posts

Back