Z6 Front Light/Horn Assembly

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony arnold

Reaction score
Has anyone engineered a better mount for the front light. If the trolling motor is lifted while the light is in place, it is easily broken. The replacement unit is about $80 because it includes the horn and is only available from Nitro. Has anyone engineered a better unit made of metal? I'm thinking of fabricating a metal plate for a light mount and finding a better way to mount a horn. All suggestions are welcome....tony

Can you show a picture of it? I'm thinking its the same light post/horn mount that's on my PT 175TF rig. What part breaks? That light assembly is made by Attwood Marine. My trolling motor doesn't interfere with the light assembly. Course since I bought it I've installed the Bluewater LED's for nav lights.

Is this the system that's on your Nitro? http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/lighting/horn-light-base

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/userfiles/store/product/files/1341/69470hornlightbase.pdf

and here's where you can buy them

http://www.backtoboating.com/attwoo...avigation-light-bases/horn-light-base-system/

If you're looking for just the light with task light http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/attwood-pulsar-bi-color-pole-light-with-task-light/0000000030036

and that by george is about the extent of it. 2 wire base part # is 2520-1 and 3 wire (for pole light with task light) is 2530-1 but good luck finding that easily.

I still use mine as is but the horn and the assembly is a crap design. If you hose it or get water over the front, it goes straight down into the horna nd wiring and kills the horn. I bought a set of air horns, mounted them under the front right next to the original horn, used the orignal horn wires and it's great. The light to be honest I've never used with the trollng motor but I could see it would be easy to hit and break. What if you just cut the shaft on the light and slip a hose sleeeve over it so it's flexible enugh not to break?

Thanks guys. Both suggestions are gratefully accepted. I found the Attwood assembly online last night, but could not find a price or vendor. The email from AirForce was a good start. I found a template for the base, so as soon as time permits, I'll print out the template and see if it will work. The Z6 entire assembly is plastic, so when the light was bent backwards by the trolling motor wire, it broke the base. My fault, but it was sure unforgiving. I tried super glue and then JB weld epoxy. Neither held. Also, the factory horn is almost silent. I have two other fishing buddies with the same horn on their Nitros and it has become a joke on the water. Almost like saying "excuse me" instead of "watch out!". Thanks again...tony

After carefull measurements, the Attwood is about 1/2" longer than the Nitro factory unit. Also, the Attwood screws are on the ends, but the Nitro unit has end and middle only. Since the Nitro unit fits on an elevated platform that is the exact shape of the horn/light base, I'd need to make some modifications to make the change. Too early to do that on the 2011. Guess I'm back to the dealer for a replacement and to Academy for a $5 air horn.....tony

The same light/horn is on the Z7 and again is a piece of crap. You can buy the metal light unit and buy a whistle.

I mounted a Toyota horn under the front bow, but can't figure out how to encorporate the metal light mount into the plastic factory base. All suggestions/photos are welcome. Once I fix the light, I'll cut the light pole and insert a hose section for flexability as suggested...tony

IMG_2220.JPG

Done! I bought the Perko light mount and "trimmed" the original horn/light assembly so it fit perfect. With the Toyota horn mounted under the panel, I'm ready to fish. Interesting that the 2014 Z6 has a Perko light mount and a separate horn under the dash. I guess Nitro is listening.

Latest posts

Back