Z6 Bay Star Steering

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Windham

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Bay Star Hydraulic Steering system in their Z6. If so what do you think?

Yes, I did about 2 months ago. Works great but increases the amount of turns lock to lock to 5.2 turns. This doesn't effect me and the result is absolutely no feedback and smooth steering.

You can't get your old cable out without cutting it if you have the standard rack steering. It simply does not fit through the hole in the hull under the dash so don't waste your time like I did trying to tilt the motor and manover everything, just cut it and be done.

Will take about 1 and half hours to install and you need to make the hole in the dash 3 inches over the 2 1/2 inch hole with a hole saw.

Well Baystar is in and I love it. Man what a difference. Money well spent. Almost like power steering on a car

I bet you're still nervous about letting the steering wheel go and hope it doesn't turn right. Took me weeks to get that confidence and now I don't hold it with a death grip anymore.

Latest posts

Back