z6 2008 nitro merc 115

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have problems with this boat going on plan or coming off plan? Dam thing tips starboard so bad the bottom of the whole port side is out of the water. Took it back to Tracker after I bought it , they said no problems with the boat , must be the way I drive it. Thanks for any help.

I have a 2011 Z6 and love it but i had to do some things to make it better out of the hole. #1 make sure you pull one of your pvs plugs out of the prop. #2 i added a hydrofoil, i added just the stingray classic. Those two things made a huge improvement. No more high bow rise, faster hole shot and lower plan speed. I have a fully loaded boat with three batterys and a power pole. Now even with the livewell full i have no problems at all. hope this help you out

My 750 did that when I first started driving it. I found that it never leaned when I started trimming the motor up as soon as the bow starts down after initial WOT application. When coming down off plane, trim the motor in just a little.

I assume you checked for even side-to-side loading.

Ron

Gator thanks

I have change the pvs plugs to lrg. med. sml. -1 plug -2plugs no plugs in all sizes. I have moved everything around to change the weight, ran the boat empty, nothing seems to help. Motor is correct height, only thing that helps is the trim up & down and that is still scarry if you don't do it right. Didn't what to use hydrofoil if I didn't have to. Thanks AZnitro.

Ron thanks

Same thing with my z6 and you can see in my reply to gator I have tryed everything I can think of, boat handles great other then getting on plane and off plane. Thanks AZnitro

This has been discussed a lot since 08. Do a search for Z6 "leaning" and search "all posts". Then read posts around 08-09 you will find some info on this. It was a issue with the 08 Z6.

Baja thanks

Did a couple searchs but didn't come up with anything . Will try your suggestion.Thanks AZnitro

I have an 08 , bought it used a year and a half ago. Still learning how to control the issues you mentioned and it's getting better. Also, you will notice it's different when you have a partner as opposed to fishing alone. Or you fill you live well ( I usually only fill it half way) Trimming correctly is the key, pay close attention to your trim gauge and remember where the needle is in different situations.... you will get the hang of it. Good luck.

PS I am looking into a 4 blade prop for my 115 to see how that works. I have a 21 SS but want to try a composite.

aznitro

Ihave a 640lx that was doing this extremely bad list to one side. did not matter what you had for balance. after a lot of research it turns out the motor is pivoting to far under the boat. All i did was place a bolt throught on the outboard itself so it cant be trimmed all the way down.work s great.....Good luck

Scott

Latest posts

Back