Z-9

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ Extrom

Reaction score
Well boys just got back from Bass Pro Harrisburg. Spent money and saw the Z-9, nice boat but way to rich for me. 52,000 with a 250 opti, some things I liked other things I did not. I think I'll stick to my 929. Come on spring!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJ

I'll second that CJ , can't wait to get my new cat out on the water. I looked at the Z9 and priced one out on the Nitro web site. By the time I had everything I wanted it was over $60,000.00. Just a little rich for me.:rolleyes:

cool CJ, like I said, they didn't have one there a few weeks ago, I'll have to check it out

Must be cheaper in the South. Looked at one in Katy, tx, sharp looking rig.

The ladder did not give me a feel good feeling, and the livewells did not seem as good as the guardians they used to have. I know they had to change due to the placement of the fuel tank. Otherwise a good boat.

BMCD-the livewells are the same, they are just deeper and dont go as far back. Same size just different design to them. All the pumps and the way they work is the same as any other 9 series. It also comes with an oxygen generator in the livewell.

Not on the 1 I looked at. Gas tank prevents them from tucking under the seats, Not as deep, and more square. Maybe I need to look again.

I know for a fact the livewells for my 2006 911 and way different than my 2000 911 they did away with the baffels for the so called anti splash they are more square.

Well now that I think of it i did see an 06 929 with different livewells, when did they change?

Not sure I never climed in any 2001 to 2005 models but I think they still call it the guardian ? they are both seperate boxes still but like you said they dont go up under the seats as much and the hole is bigger since the baffels are gone. They changed out the valve system as well before you have 2 switches one was empty/ fill and one was auto and recurculate now they have one lever per box fill and empty. everything is done by the soft touch pad.

I briefly looked at a Z9 today and it's a good looking boat but I wouldn't pay extra for it over a 929. Personally the extra speed isn't worth the cost and that is really the only advantage I can see in the Z9. Nice looking boat though.

The Z-9 is a new construction technology. The resin is more even, therefore the weights are closer hull to hull.

They are still working the bugs out, but if they hold up they could be close to best in the biz.

Mini

Latest posts

Back