Z-8 vs Z-9

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
Question - It appears from postings and articles I have read the Z8 is a better seller than the Z9. I know price is one major factor but what else? Just curious.

I don't know what they are talking about, the Z 7 is better deal :lol:

If its between a Z8 or Z9, I would choose a Z8 with a 250 pro xs. Its about 1' shorter but will do about 77mph, and its cheaper. If you fish tournaments it makes long runs on the lake seem a lot shorter.

Bill, The Z-8 is 8 inches shorter and about 400 lbs. lighter than the Z-9.They are both great boats and can be set up with all the buzzers and whistles. The 9 will run about 48-50 g's fully equipped and the 8 is about 38-39. So money wise the 8 is cheaper but the 9 does have a little more room. The 9 has a slightly larger fuel cell also.It also comes std. with an 82lb. MG and the 8 comes with a 75. Both upgradable to 101 in either manufacturer.

My local Tracker dealer told me just last Thursday that the Z-7 & Z-8 are best sellers in that line, with Z-7 edging out the Z-8. He also claims that the Nitros are outselling all compettitors including Triton, Ranger, Bullet and Skeeter. I'm just repeating.

I have the z8 with the 250 opti, if you don't want a "2 hands on the wheel" boat, don't buy this one - i',m hitting 75-79 mph and its an awesome ride. Wish i had the front layout of the z9 for rod storage, but I don't mind the z8's setup - boat is plenty to fish from, and opinion as someone who made the same choice already is the z8 is an awesome boat......

David

Latest posts

Back