Z-6

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim richards

Reaction score
For those that own a z-6. I have been looking at them for a while now. I like the way they feel when and the size of the front deck. just looking the quality looks as good as any others that i have looked at. How do you like them. I have heard all the planing issues and steering issues but that seems fixable. How is the performance with the 115. Is there anything that you do not like. and is there anything that is a must have for the boat when new. Thanks for the help

I love my 2011 z6. The front deck is big and raised, the motor is strong and sips gas. Handles great except in rough water. I have added allot to my boat (2hds units, led lights, power pole, radio), there are a few things that you need to know,,, the planning issue can be fixed with the pvs plugs, I added a tail on mine and love it. Reseal the rub rail,make sure the fenders are tight, ( mine came lose), and I changed the trailer tires out for marathon radials, I have allot of gear and full tank of gas trimmed to 5750rpms I go 53mph gps and it handles great. I fish allot of tourneys and it has done great for me, and like I said out sips gas. My gas gauge is off but it does not bother me. I got the upgraded 24v trolling motor also.

I'm sure you'll get varied answers, thats why this forum works.

My Z6 I love, if I had my time again and money wasn't an issue I would go Hydraulic Steering, only because it's so smoooth, definitley upgrade the Trolling Motor, better quality sounder and without question, better tires.

Other than that, I fitted an SE300 and make a massive difference, goes fast enough for me at full RPM I get similar to Greg withd similar load.

Things like checking bolts, a little silicone etc to me are par for the course and for $20 grand, I think it's a bloody good deal.

I dont have one but I can tell you that I really :wub: want one...

The only other one I would consider would be a triton TR176. IMO I think tritons have a better resell value, but nitros look better and have more deck space and storage.

Just my opinion though. Best thing to do is develop your own opinion because I sure you dont care if we like what you spend your money on...:)

Good luck

Hey Tim. I gotta weigh-in here (pardon the pun) and agree with Thommo and Greg. I really like my 2011 Z6. After a water test I had to (in my opinion) go with the Hyd. Steering. I upgraded to 24v TM, couple of FF, dual consoles, SE300 with one PVS plug in - two holes empty. No problems with my trailer tires (yet) but if you decide on the Z6 you gotta check the rubrails, all around, real close. If you take on any water on your water-test with the dealer or seller, make them pull off the rub rail and re-seal that sucker! It's a royal pain in the keester to do it yourself. (like I did).

Other than that I'd buy another one tomorrow.

I have a 2012 Z-6 So far I like it just fine. I don't have much time in it yet, but I am very pleased so far.

I didn't go Hyd steering, but I did get the Dual Rack and pinion. That was what I had for 15 years on my previous boat and it worked fine. So that is what I ordered. I had serious wheel pull first time I got on plane. But adjusting the trim tab took care of it. So in my opinion hyd steering isn't really a necessity. However I have never driven a boat with it so I have no comparison.

As for getting on plane, it seems O.K. to me. Doesn't leap up, but I won't be pulling water skiers, so that isn't a problem to me. Main thing is to trim the motor in before take off. However I haven't pulled a plug in the pop yet so that may get better,

I don't mean to be disagreeing with anyone, but that is my opinion!

Worth exacly what you payed for it! Good luck

Hope you like your new boat!

Just finished the break in period on my new Z-6! Love it!!! The 115 Optimax is PLENTY of motor for the boat! With the wife and I and a full load, I get 50mph at about 5300rpm! I was looking at the Tritons, but decided on the Nitro! Great move on my part! Have had no problems whatsoever with boat, motor, or trailer! Highly recommend the Z-6!

I have the 08' Z6, bought it about 6 weeks ago. I have the 115 as well. It works fine for me. Changed to a Powertech prop 21P with more cup than the Laser II, has great lift now. I too added the 24V /70# TM(love it). I too have the Dual Rack and pinion. It does the trick, but I've never driven one with Hyd. steering so No comment. As for the handling and fishing out of. It works great. A buddy and I fish every weekend and no problems so far. Single axle trailer works great for me at the house too. Hope this helps.

I also have a 2011 Z-6. Love the boat, although the sevice manager and I are on a first name basis and yes, I have his personal cell phone number....... as others stated, have them re-seal the rub rail right away. Also, after battling the manger for months, they installed free of charge a anti feedback steering system. A brand new boat should not rip the steering wheel out of your hands, even afer adjusting the trim tab all the way. now it steers perfectly. Go 24v on your trolling motor, and the optional passenger is really nice. great boat all around.

Latest posts

Back