Z-6 rodlocker length

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Hofmann

Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing a Z-6 but my rods are all over 7' long. The brochure and the website says the rodlocker holds rods up to 7'6". The salesperson says they only hold up to 7' rods. What is the correct length? Thanks for any information!

The centre rod locker has 4 tubes built in but they are designed for casting rods, not spin rods because the first guide on a spin rod is large, it doesn't fit into the tube therefore the rods don't go in. Also, the centre 2 holes are a little longer due to the V of the nose.

My longest rod is 6'10" and it just fits, in the centre at the nose is the winch point that is where your tips go so don't try giving then a push, I have one broken tip from this.

I have 2012 Z6 and yes the center storage lockers only can hold bait casters i use the left storage to hld my 5 spining rods longest one is 7'1" little tricky to get in and out due to the size of the door but it does the job.One great thing about the boat is the storage lots of it for the size great boat good luck.

I have several 7'6" rods and yes they will fit in my Z6 rod locker... BUT, you MUST put rod sleaves on them , the rods are longer than the rod tubes and they will tangle with each other.

I installed another rubber hold-down strap on starboard front deck. So I carry six rods on deck. (3-port, 3-starboard). Everything in the rod locker has rod sleeves on 'em or else they get all messed up. (btw: strap behind port passenger's seat seems useless to me).

Latest posts

Back