Z-6 issues

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason J.

Reaction score
I have been reading this forum for about a year now and I couldn't take it anymore, so this is my first post. I have a Z-6 and I love my boat. I have seen loads of people complaining on this site about leaning or turning right or left. While there may be a few with actual problems most of the issues can be corrected by spending some time in the seat as with any boat. The first time i took mine out (1)it leaned hard right,(2) was hard to turn left, and(3) you had to hold the wheel all the time or it would turn right.

(1) learned how to trim the motor at takeoff and when coming of plain. I can now throttle down and take off with no leaning or listing.

(2) Adjust the trim tab on the motor properly. I can now let go of the wheel at any speed and it tracks straight as an arrow.

(3) Problem went away. (Refer to above issue)

Now on to the issue of Bass Pro, i do not shop at the retail side of the store for several reasons. But if I have any issue with my boat I do not hesitate to take it to the Tracker Marine Boat Center (it's in bass pro). They have bent over backwards the help me and i didn't even buy my boat from Bass Pro.

Sorry about the rant. I am very happy i bought my nitro. BTW this is not my first boat but it is my first bass boat

Welcome to posting. I have to admit when I read your post I wasn't sure what it is that you "can't take anymore" I mean no disrespect, I just don't understand.

I'm glad your happy with your Z6. Just curious, what year is it and what engine?

Baja I was just trying to say i can't take reading all of the negative info about the Z-6. Mine is an 08 w/90hp Optimax, it was in a showroom and i bought it unused in feb 2011.

Bob B. I have read a lot of your responses and I think your advise is the best. The only issues I have right now are finding and catching fish on tournament days. :)

I also have a Z6 and had all those problems. I learned to drive through all of them. I think most of the problems are that the Z6 is a "intro" bass boat, and alot of the owners have little or no bass boat experience. That was my problem. Seat time corrected all my issuse.

Jason J. I saw a new 08 Z6 last fall at a dealer in Kansas City, is that the one you bought by chance?

Baja i saw the same one you are talking about but when I called the dealership they told me they are no longer a nitro dealer. I got this one in oklahoma, however i do live in Kansas City.

Smaller world, I lived and owned a home in Prairie Village for a time. One of my sponsors is located in OP. My wife is from Leawood.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back