Youtube makes it look easy...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
Just watched a video on how to change impeller and gaskets....looks pretty easy, but everything looks easy when someone else is doing the work. I believe I will tackle this on my own. Thanks for all the advice, guys.

Eric

It is not that bad. Don't over tighten the bolts on the impeller housing. If the housing is OK you don't need a whole kit, just the impeller, housing gasket, and the 2 washers under the lower unit screws. Don't reuse them, they can leak.

Thanks, Berry. When I searched online I found the kits, but each one comes with a bunch of gaskets and 3 or 4 different o-rings. In the video I watched, not all if this stuff is used. Do the kits come with extras in case of a screw up?

Eric

I never bought the kits, we have 2 great Merc parts places here where I live (one Tracker, one an exceptional tech. I've always been able to get exactly what I needed and not all the extra stuff you don't need.

One more thing. get a tube of Merc 2-4-C lube and lube the shaft gears and the rubber impeller.

Eric, the extra gaskets are for other motors. If you have for instance a 90 Merc, the kit might have gaskets for the 60,75,90,115. Just match the gasket to the one on your motor.

Bubby:)

Latest posts

Back