Your thoughts....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason _G

Reaction score
While surfing the web tonight I came across a place called Dubay Marine... The link to their website is http://www.dubaymarine.com/open.html

It seems they have a few nitros in stock and are able to rig them with new or slightly used motors for a good price... For some reason this just seems odd to me.. what do you guys think? Its like you can basically pick out your boat, and then pick out what motor you want on it.. I don't normaly see other dealers doing this with used boats.. Most of the time they shy away from it.. What do you guys think?

Besides its only a 17 hour drive from me! LOL Wait til I mention that to my fiancee.. She thinks 4 hours away is too much to go.. LOL! Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy!

And another thing... Do Texans have a gruge agaisnt me? I keep coming across some many decent boats in TX its sickening!

That's an interesting collection they have there, Jason.....

Nitro 180's with 75hp......

Nitro 750's with 175hp.....

Could these possibly be "salvage" boats?

me?

Jason the thing to keep in mind when shopping TX boats is that there are TONS of them, that's why they are so cheap. Also a TX boat gets used twice as much during the course of a year vs a northern boat. They don't contend with winter and ice so fish 12 months a year. Just a thought. But you will undoubtedly find a better selection of less expensive boats in the south due to supply and demand. Good luck.

Scott...Is that right? A 750 with a 175? Coast Guard rating plate on the 750 is 135. I'd be careful with that one.

Craig

I just went back to double-check, they show it as:

2002 750 DC 2001 Mercury 175L EFI BN0705 $17,599

I agree with Rob, lots of boats down south (check Florida dealers - HUGE inventories) due to more time to use them during the year. BUT in Texas, it IS the largest state in the continental US, so there are WAY more places to fish all year, including saltwater and drive right over to Mexico!

Ju vant a bazz boat meester?

jason,

live here in oklahoma and some of those TX boats end up here. You just want to make sure that the boat has not been in saltwater - check for rusty trailers. When I'm looking at boats, I do a search on boattraderonline and select texas because the market is huge and you are likely to come across a good deal. If you are making the trip to TX, let me know and I can look up a few boats here in Oklahoma. Gilly had that 882 w/150 for 10,900 over in Yukon which seemed like a sweet deal.

I bet that 175 on the 750 is a typo. It would be neat but not safe or good for the boat.

james d.

jason,

been lookin around here for quite a while tryin to upgrade in size of boat. some of the dealers come off there price alot and some don't. It can be real frustrating to find that right boat at the right price at the right time. I looked at that site and the prices seamed maybe just a little bit higher than what you can find around here. but, keep in mind that that is their "advertised price" and they will adjust it depending on how you are going to pay for it. Just like buying a car with the finance game. i kind of liked that 97' 896 but too rich for me right now.

james d.

I thought it was a typo too..

James.. I like that 97 896 as well.. A lil pricey right now for me, unless of course I can work my magic and talk him down some... Then again they have that teal green 896 with a demo opti that would fit right into my budget... LOL!

It was just odd to me that you had such a choice in motors on the site... What frustrates me is the distance... I have no problem driving for 17 hours.. Been their done that.. It's just the fact that when I get out their what happens if it is a piece of !#$%... I know I should get a marine surveyor.. But I kinda wished I didnt have to... Yanno what I mean.. It would be so much easier if it was within 4 or 5 hours... That you could do in a day no problem.

Jason,

You got time, settle down and wait for the deal. Who finances boats in your area?? Contact them and tell them you want to first on the list if they repo X, X or X type of boat. Go to your local marina, put your name on the board as I want........Let the mgr. of the marina know you are interested. You gotta factor the cost of taking time off work, hotel, gas up and back and any other costs associated with purchasing long distance. Add that money to the supposedly good deal and see where it stacks up. If "I" was looking for a deal "I" would get into negotiations with Neeley in MI on a new rig...that would make the drive and the deal worth my time. Don't cout Bob out up in New England either. Both are closer and both can be trusted.

Ok , I'll take my payoff in Carona's.

TOXIC

Coronas sound good!

I am all up for a "deal"...

Ken n Bob *NOTE* I am willing to bring cases of coronas and slim jims to the table... Whatever it takes baby! Lets play... "Make a deal"!

DUDE!!!!!,...you don't know what you're getting into!!! You pile up some slim jims infront of Neeley and NOBODY at the table will be able to keep a straight poker face after the first 3,......think,.."S-B-D!!".......

hahahhaaa,...okay,...but as you're falling over with your hands around your throat and you're gasping for air,....don't yell..."MAAAACCC??!!!!!"...LOL

Don't worry I wont... I'll have visions of sparkles dancing through my head...

hey jason,

found an 882 on consignment from a dealer in Yukon Ok which deals in a lot of repos. looks like a clean boat with efi motor.

http://www.boattraderonline.com/addetaildriver.html?29969076

Thanks for the link james... 27 hours from me to their... Dayum that some distance! LOL

I dunno man... I find a boat closer, they are asking tooo much for my budget, I find a boat far FAR away, they are asking just the right price... This has got to be more frustrating then anything esle!

kind of going thru the same thing as I'm looking for a bigger boat and one that is clean and one that costs less than my house! wish i could buy new that way i would know what i'm getting. anyways we'll keep looking and if you see something in okc area, let me know and I will take a look for you. patience and perseverance (spelling?).

james d.

found a procraft 18' with 150 merc. 97' model that was real clean also advertised for 12.500. real clean boat.

Latest posts

Back