Your Thoughts:

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Bouvier

Reaction score
I want to upgrade one feature on my boat this year. I want to upgrade the Trolling Motor or the Sonar system for the console. Currently the trolling motor is the Tracker model that came with the boat at 56# thrust, and the two Sonar units are a Lowrance X75 at the Bow and a Lowrance LMS 160 Map at the console.. The question is that I'm not sure which one to upgrade, I would like to upgrade the trolling motor to either a Mina Kota Auto Pilot or the Pinpoint Auto Pilot and increase the thrust to 80#'s. Lake Champlain can have some nasty winds and I'm not sure the current trolling motor is adequate. I'm fishing out of a 896 Savage with a 200 EFI on .. O.K. your thoughts on which component to upgrade.. Thanks

I would say the trolling motor because 56 lbs of thrust just doesnt sould like enough for that boat.

Buzz, you fish Champlain right? Definately the TM then! I use a 67lb 24 volt and sometimes it's still not enough in the wind.

Latest posts

Back