Your favorite Rod/Reel/Line Survey revisited!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Of all your rod/reel/line combos, if you had to name a favorite, which would it be?

My first choice: My 6'6" Medium Action BPS Extreme / Shimano Curado 101 / 10# Clear Stren.

Very close second: My 6' Light Action Bionic Blade / Shimano Sahara 1000FA with double-paddle handle from a Spirex / 6# Clear Stren.

How about all of you?

Of all your "stuff" - which is your favorite?

me!

(First asked in June, 2002.)

6'6 St. Croix Avid Medium Extra Fast w/ Shimano Curado and 8lb P-Line CXX

David

I would have to say by far my JLM by BPS rod 7'6"flippin With my JLM by BPS baitcaster. For anyone who has not yet tried this real I must say I'm tak'en away with it! The ten ball bearing system makes retrieves as smooth as a babies behind.Casting control allows you to put your lure right on the money! It has a chrome finish thats only found on your more expensive reels ,So at the end of the tournament season your reels still look like new.I know some of you have said this reel is just a dressed up Pflueger but it so much more than that.I love it! Try one you'll love it to .

As for line Triline.

My 6'6" BPS Extreme combo (both rod and reel), with a medium/hvy rod weight. Use it for a variety of things.

Close second, my 6' FinNor Spinning combo. It is really very smooth, and I have caught a bunch of fish with it.

Tex

My 6'8" MXF St Croix avid with a Curado SF 12# excel line would have to be mine if I had to single just one out. That combo can do so many things, its the most versitile rod i have ever seen. I can cast anything from a unweighted 3" tube to a 1/2 oz spinnerbait and anything in between. Its not great for super heavy stuff but it is a great rod for pitching light plastics, skipping, senkos, tubes, small spider jigs and worms.

Curado 200SF on a 7' Shimano Compre Medium Heavy action...14lb Stren Lo Vis Green

Tica Libra SA 2500 on a 6' Medium St. Croix Premier...8lb Silver Thread

My Falcon Lowrider 6'4" LFC-5-164 Spinnerbait Special is quite a tool. I can knock a gnat out of the air then hit the water without a splash with that rod. Right now I have a Dawia TD-S reel on it but I think I prefer the Curado 200sf. I'm using Trilene XT green right now.

I also like my new Allstar Topwater Special but it is a little more specialized and I don't use it as much as the Falcon.

Harpo

My favorite combo/setup is my Falcon Expert 6'6"MH with a Quantum E600CX, spooled with 10lb Super Silver Thread, I got this combo from my Mom, she's my biggest sponsor, this setup works great for pegging small worms, tubes and trick worms.

Eric H.

My fav is my Quantum E600PT with my 7'6" MHT BPS Extreme rod rigged with 17lb XPS Flourocarbon line.. Works great with Senko's.. I also use it for flipping 4" worms with small Tungsten weights..

Max

My favorite rod reel line combo is my 6'6" Mitchell Fulcrum Rod, Abu Garcia 4601c3 reel and USA-1 17lb test line. The Rod and the Line are no longer made, unfortunatly.

Latest posts

Back