You want it WHEN??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Okay,...I get home at 3;30pm y'day and I sit down to check my email. There's one from an old friend of mine from my Zebco/Quantum/Motorguide days. He owns his own PR firm now and he and his daughter handle all of the promotions for Gene Larew. He wants to know if I can do a T-shirt design,..(uhhh YEAH,...not a problem)...but they need it by TODAY!! They want to be able to pass them out at the Elite Series Tournament weigh-in this Thursday in Oklahoma. Well...we all know that Oklahoma is home of Gene Larew and also Tommy Biffle, who has Larew as a major sponsor. My buddy Gary wants a LM getting cold-cocked by a "Biffle Bug" and across the tiop of the image he wants "You're in BIFFLE Country" and along the bottom of the shirt,...he wants the Larew website URL. SWEET...I've got from 4pm 'till ??? to get it done and e-mailed to him so it can go to the printer today and in their hands for the weigh-in on Thursday. Mission accomplished! (I was done by 6:30pm) :cool:

BiffleShirt.jpg

Also,...they are going to send me a bunch to sign, after Tommy signs them....then they will make them available on the Larew website.

Amazing how you can turn those things out so fast Bill, nice work!

Tell Gary you want some baits and have Biffle send a "care package" too! :)

Mac - You get my mail a few weeks ago about shirts for Eli and I? Point me in the right direction, have credit card will buy!!

I'll have to check my stash Trep...not sure what the "smallest" size I have left is,....if it's a Lg,..it's still going to be to big for Eli. Currently nobody is selling any S&T shirts...might check eBay though..;)

I was thinking of finding a reasonable source to screen one of your toons or fish onto shirts our size, like getting one of the light weight fishing cotton shirts at BPS in matching colors for Eli and I, and then see if a local shop can screen on, but don't want to infringe on copyrights, and make sure you get $$! No hurries, Eli's at camp for 2 weeks.

Just trying to look cool when we fish T's together, and promote S&T for my main man Mac!

Cool.... And you are "The Man" in meeting that deadline...

Another great 'toon Mac!! I know your UPS main will get a hernia from their idea of a "care pkg."! :lol: Tell Gary I said Hey! ;)

LOL....no kidding Dan!! Gary is a great guy,...I've known him for almost 20 years!! One of the most stand-up people in the industry!! I would've done the impossible for that guy no matter the cost (in lack of sleep) if I would've had to.....he's ALWAYS taken good care of me!! ;)

Cool. Let me know when they are on the site to purchase.

Mac, What's the guys name that owns Gene Larew?? Seems like George and wife Pat.Great People to work with!!!!

Thanks everyone,...

Rich,..I'm not sure if George owns Larew or not...I met him a few years ago at the BPS in Detroit.....VERY NICE guy!! I knew at the time he was a shooter for them...maybe VP of sales?,...he could be the owner now though! I'll ask Gary the next time I talk to him!

That is SWEEEEEEEEET!!! Great job Mac! Great company and AWESOME products.:cool:

UPDATE,....somebody asked who owns GL??

"We have a wonderful relationship with Tommy and couldn't be any prouder than we are of how he represents this company and the sport of bass fishing," said Larew owner Chris Lindenberg.

Latest posts

Back