YoooooHoooo Craig

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Craig,

I lost the cover for the steering wheel nut when I was out yesterday. Can you please send me another. Do you still have my information or do I need to call you with it?

Thanks

TOXIC

Tox,

I want to help Craig out here... Is it the nut "on" the steering wheel OR the (we all hope) the nut "BEHIND" the steering wheel we are discusing? j/k (maybe) LOL

Call me Tox. Hey Greg, in hockey talk, you're what we'd call an instagitator, right?!?

Craig

Mine fell offlast time out also... lucky for me it landed in the boat.... whats up with that!!!

Needs EPOXY...Just a little, so that you can get it off. Fine line between staying on and being a bear to get off when you need to. Kinda like hubcaps. That's just a guess.

TOXIC

Tox, don't use epoxy. Squirt a little clear silicone into the holes. It will hold until you really yank on the cover.

The same thing happened to us the day we pulled our brand new boat home! We were halfway between Springfield, MO and St. Louis, stopped at a rest area, when I notice that the cover was missing!

(My 2-year old niece didn't care one bit when they came over to look at our new toy.)
lostcover.jpg

Mo,

My wheel is not like yours, it is a three spoke alum. w/5 little torx lookin bolts around it. The NITRO cover is round. How in the world does a product designed to make things slick, hold the thing ON?

TOXIC

Toxic,

Are you yanking his chain or what? He's talking about silicone caulking not the spray lubricant!

Bob G.

OK.....Yeah Bob I actually did think he meant spray, the caulk, for some reason, never popped into my head. What difference would it make. The epoxy hold too tight?

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back