Yet Another SENKO question, SENKOS in the Bag

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Okay So I ask a lot of questions, but here goes anyway.

Who keeps there senkos in the original Bags and who takes them out?

I would like to take them out of the bag to fit better in my tackle boxes but for some reason I have the feeling they would not stay fresh and pliable out of the bag?

I usually always re-pack my plastics into other bags. However, witht he Senko's - mainly because the bags they come in are not too big - remain in their own bag. Most of the time.

Some of the off-brand senko's that I have, are re-packed.

Tex

I'm with SELECT few who likes keeping most all my plastics ,especially tubes,worms, and senkos in their original bags.

i keep a seperate takle box just for my rubber baits.

it is a plano 1258-04. i removed all the trays and line up all my bags in the three compartments.

it works out pretty good for me.

GregD

They will stay fishable in or out of their original bag. I prefer to keep them in the original. They do have scent on them that will dissipate. Here's another tip for senko's.....keep them in your cooler in the summer. Easier to rig and they will last a lot longer. Heat is a killer to them.

TOXIC

I keep them on my front deck while I am fishing, if heat damages them I should start keeping them in the shade.

I will keep them in the bag, at least until there is only one or two left, then just leave them loose in the plano box. But then again I keep my Rapalas in there original boxes as well. duh

I keep them in the original bags and store them in a BPS soft binder. Works for me.

Tox,

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought about that with the Senko's. At least, I'm now at a point where I don't lose one every third cast!

Also, a follow up question from last week regarding hula grubs. You suggested using a football jig (1/4 oz if I remember right). Which end of the hula grub do you rig near the jig head?

Tex

Tex,

I rig mine with the hula part near the jighead, I also do not store them with the jig rigged because it will rust the hook.

I rig Chompers with the skirt at the jig head.

I think Chompers are about the same thing - but with LOTS of garlic!

Chompers work but talk about stinking up a boat if you don't get the bag closed all the way!!.....WHEW!! Your boat will smell like an Itialian restaurant!! I'm not sure if all of that excess scent does anything. The main thing with all grubs is the action. I used to only use Kalins (and still have a large supply in the boat) 3 inch Salt & Pepper grubs. They will and have caught just about everything that swims. I use the Kinimi's and the Yamamoto's now with the same good results. Yamomoto has the hula twin tail without the "twin tails", LOL, it is an interesting bait called a Fat Ikea. They also have the twin tails without the "hula", which make great jig trailers (also SpinnerBaits). Yamamoto started as a plastics maker and that is what they do best.

TOXIC

on edit....Rig them with the head at the skirt. Grub rule- "hook up, tail down".

TOX -

I don't know if the garlic works on bass - but it sure does on trout! You take some cheese whiz and kneed it into bread then add all the garlic powder you can stand..... The garlic brings them in like gangsters to the sound of machine guns!

me!

(Then you put a ball of the stuff on a #14 or #16 treble hook.)

Latest posts

Back