Yet Another Question Trailers

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tandem Trlrs are safer when/if you have a tire blow out,...it won't go squirrely on you,...plus they distribute the load over 4 tires instead of 2.

Disadvantage??--they're harder to turn and maneuver by hand in your driveway or garage, and your doubling the expense when the tires need to be replaced.

I've owned both and I prefer the Tandem Trlrs for 20ft boats and longer, although I've had them for 19ftr's too.

Mac

Mac, Reason I ask is I seen a 2000 518 with single trailer for sale, but I have seen most with tandem?

You think a 518 is big enough for me my wife and two boys to fish out of when they get older?

Thanks Mac

It'll be a little crowded with 4 people....especially if you're doing a lot of casting. But, if the 4 of you do a lot of panfishing, it'll be fine. Bigger is always better,...especially with 4 people!!

Mac, just spoke to someone in Kalamazoo MI, 1996 492vs. sweet looking boat, a little high in price but very good condition. I might be out there 7/4 weekend to buy it. :D:D:D:D:D:D

700 miles one way :(:eek::wacko:

The reason I ask about the 518 size is, a 1999 TR20 has less weight capacity then my PT 185? Suprised me. Wife loves to Bass fish and is a major reason for the upgrade in size of boat,

Tee, I fsih submerged timber quite often, any boat I own is going to get scratched:(

Tee, to answer your question, the Tracker is a great boat, but I need a glass boat with more ponies for my tourneys.

Here is the 492vs
492vs.jpg

Ponies ain't gonna' win tournies CJ....Some of biggest local tournies are always won by the "guy in the small boat" because all the others are "racing to their hole" and this guy just hangs back and cleans up.

Myself...I would rather fish aluminum in heavy timber than glass.

Just one cent's worth:lol:

I am loving my 518. I stepped up from a 04 nx750 with a 115 to this 518 with a 200 optimax. Sitting in the water the boat is rock steady. Don't even notice a person on the back moving around while I am up front. That used to bother me in my past boats.

The center bin holds 10 3700's from side to side. And there is still lots of storage ahead of them for life jackets and more tackle.

Handling wise you can hits turns wide open without blowout possible due to 4 blade prop but it seems like the hull holds well also.

I fish with my wife and two kids quite a bit. There ages are 7 and 11.

With a 4 blade prop it runs 67-68. Runs close to that full tanks and full live wells. For me it has been a dream to tournament fish out of. I haven't owned anything any bigger than this one though. The optimax really impressed me being as I have only owned carbed motors in the past. One hit of the key and it starts. No choking or setting the throttle just right. Only down side is with no warranty on this motor it would surely hurt to pay for a repair if anything fails me.

My trailer and my friends trailer are both single axle. Lucky for me because of my garage requires me to move it some once I disconnect. I would prefer dual axle on long trips myself. The single axle pulls great and I don't notice much of a diffence towing wise versus my nx 750. I really expected a big difference. The trailer brakes help a lot. If I can help anymore shoot me an email. Clark

As far as ponies, load up two mens tournament loads, full live wells and add a wet boat and try making it 10 miles or so. You end up torturing an underpowered boat.

There isn't a boat built with as much deck and storage space as a 929. You'll get no arguments on that statement from anyone who has ever fished off one. Here is a pic with 3 off us and there are others with 4 of us on board fishing comfortably. I'll be sellin my rig someday. But for now I'm having waaaaay too much fun. Talk about a worhorse of a boat. Yesterday at Anna, there were 4 or 5 other boats on the lake (9,000 acres) so I got to open her up in about a 3 inch chop with the passenger side live well filled to balance me out (no chinewalk). I let her eat...man-o-man what a ride.

IM000854.jpg

Toxic

Latest posts

Back