Yeah right!! Anybody used these???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carli Drake

Reaction score
I just saw an "infomercial" on the Outdoor Channel for the "Walking Worm"!

Yeah I know that they make lures to catch fishermen and not necessarily fish....but just want to know if anyone has used these yet? And if so, just how well did they work?

I'm not into all the gimmick lures like the Helicopter Lure (sorry Rowland) and all the others....but I've got to say, this Walking Worm looked pretty interesting!!

I used a similar worm, years ago, it was called the recoil worm. The difference was the recoil worm had a nylon core, and was prerigged with a weedless hook. I checked out the walking worms, and I didn't like them, because they are so thin, you'd have to use a thin wire hook to rig them, and I don't like flimsy hooks.

Carli -

I forget what the technique is called - but you put a small sinker at the end of your line and then tie something like a tube jig on a bit further up so you can make it appear to "swim"..... We were discussing it just a few weeks ago.....

I've had a lot of luck fishing this way for smallies in streams and Mac said that it was illegal in Michigan!

Basically the same result as that gaget we both saw - and BOTH thought was interesting! But I don't like Roland that much that I want to contribute to his retirement fund for nuthin'.....

On the other hand, should you or Penny decide to promote such an item.....

:^)

me!

P.S. I used olive, brown or black/orange Wooley Buggers tied on a #6 3X long shank hook; ultra light spinning tackle and 4# line. It's pretty easy to bounce it in the same place - just like in the infomercial - if you don't lift up high enough to move the weight.

They work.....but there wasa big tournament won in Japan on the budweiser can lure.....They are going crazy over there for them!

Mini

Thanks guys!

Well after watching this "infomercial" I had to wonder if this lure is so good...how could they afford to award prize money for breaking state and world records with it!! Great marketing strategy....wish I had thought of it!

Lamar...hope you take pics of your wife's fish that she catches with them!! LOL

Carli

I remembered - it's called a "drop shot".

Mac, Mini or Ken -

Any of you guys know why they're illegal up there in Michigan?

me?

Age old methos for tightlining for salmon snagging in the rivers during the spring and fall runs. The fish swims with their mouth open, the line catched their mouth and works to the hook to be easily snagged if not on a leader.

The DNR is not going to change the law becuase of the problems here snagging. Bass fisherman are left out until they (DNR) states something about "intent" in the wording.

Time will tell....

As far as the Bud Can Lure goes.....got that straight from Takahiro Omori over a nice crappie dinner on the shores of the Big "O". Laughed my tail off, as did Chuck Economou until T.O. (Takahiro's nick) got a rod out and tied one on to show us how to use it....I am telling you that is an awesome bait for the right conditions.

Mini

casting in hooters is ok as long as you remove the treble hooks from your baits.....silicone is not a very good wing sauce!

Mini

Latest posts

Back