Yank, Reb or ???? - Try it

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham [URL]http://www.chuckcham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That year in N'awlins must have affected me more than I thought. 74%

As I figured, 43%, BARELY a Yankee! That's what I get for living in NJ, IN, IL, TX and GA!!!

I've been down here too long!

86% Dixie!

Well, 18 years in Vermont and almost 40 here in Georgia.

About right.

Here we go...

I like the southern ladies better'n the northerners.

Trep, you're coming around. Stay in Georgia and that percentage will come up:)

Tox, a damned Yankee in (ok, do you say VAginia or VIRginia)? They let you live in northern VA.?

Bill

It's VIRginia and it's crappie that rhymes with poppy!! Yeah when I moved to Warrenton 10 years ago, I was told by the locals that I was supposed to live in Maryland!! I was fishing a wilderness river and stumbled on a lone gravestone.... and I thought this might be something cool so I made my way through the briars and kudzu (2 things thing we don't have up north!!) and when I read the inscription it was marking the spot where some Confederate Col. took a load of buckshot in his arse!! He didn't even get killed!!

The War of Northern Agression still wages on here!!

TOXIC

There have been enough people move here that it is getting less and less every year. We got a tour of an old Southern estate where the people who live there go to our church. Her father was once a Senator to the State and her husband was the Chief of Protocol for Pres. Carter. At dinner she was telling us how she remembered being raised by their slaves...wow....not that a lot of Northerners didn't have slaves (Lincoln for example!!) but I had never known anyone who actually owned another person. Anyway, we got to see the slave quarters, where the pump house was and the slaves would stand outside and pump water and it would run into the house via a trough (long before indoor plumbing). The ice house, where they stored ice from the pond for the summer. 400 year old oak trees, the smoke house, etc., I gotta say it was one of the most educational and interesting evenings I have ever had.

TOXIC

78% Dixie.

The one that should have been included, and wasn't, was how do you pronounce pecan?

And if you are truly Dixie, you know what Kudzu is.

Tex

78% Dixie - Yikes, and I was born and raised in California.

david....

76% Dixie, Born in Kentucky, grew up in Dallas, washed ashore in Oklahoma. Working around some of my good 'ol boy builders I call on would make Tony Soprano sound like a hick.

Harpo

Wow, born in STL, lived 20 years in TN, 6 in MO, and 6 now in TX, and I'm 86%. I actually thought I'd have been lower. Of course, I think most everyone gets over 50% on that.

Latest posts

Back