Xtreme + Reel Lube

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THOMMO59

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes Xtreme + reel Lube?

I've had it on order since January from Tackle Warehouse and it's now been backordered something like 6 times! Our season here in Oz is over now.

I've asked Tackle Warehouse more than once what's going on and they say the're at the mercy of the supplier, which I understand, but come on, enough is enough.

Correction...Alan Tani has great things to say about Xtreme Reel in that link I posted.

Thanks Thun,

I've tried a few and have a Shimano baitcster with a new set of ceramic boca bearings in it and want to use Xtreme+ purely because of the sensational comments I've read. Problem is I've searched the net and can't find who actually makes the stuff and only Tackle Warehouse sell it but have it on backorder for well over 2 months now. I'm coming to the states in 3 weeks it would have been quicker to fly 14,000 miles and pick it up myself!

Just got to find a stockist or who actually makes / distributes this stuff.

With the help of Alan Tani's tutorials, this past winter I broke down and serviced eight 320 and two 310 Penn GTi's. I bought all new HT 100 carbon fiber drags from PennParts.com and also replaced the dogs and springs. These level-winds only have two ball bearings each and with most of them I was able to remove the shields and clean them out with brake cleaner fluid and put the shields back on...good as new. Although the last one I did, I had to buy a $22.00 bearing, the bearings were rusted solid. You won't have to worry about that with ceramics. Here's his bearing tutorial.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13.0

Latest posts

Back