xps monofilament

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris acuff2

Reaction score
I have read alot about all the different lines everybody uses but no body unless I have missed it talkes about xps mono...... so what is your opinion about it?????? Interested on seeing what is said.....

The Excell works just as good as Triliene? Of course I have some that too.

Gotta try it all and see what you like. Remember allot of the line is made in the same factories with diff. band names. Kinda like tractor mowers all being made at AYP in SC. The Sears one is red, the Yardman is green, etc......

I have used it and its good line. I do like the BPs excel better. The excel seems to have a lot less memory and is much limper then the xps line.

For mono i pretty much use Excel exclusively. I have tried everything out there and i liked excep the best. Its very good line.

I personally use XPS mono for everything now, used to be a p-line man but got some line that was breaking way to much for my likeing. I got a free spool at bassmaster university tried it and wham was hooked. I myself respool for every tournament. So the price and the comfort factor is what I like. It just shows that it isn't which brand is better than so much as what one is comfotable with.;)

I use excel across the board without a hitch. I can't feel enough difference in the XPS to justify the price as most of my fishing is recreational and not tournament.

I'm a BPS Excel man myself. I did get two free spools of the XPS mono at Bassmasters U., I have used it with no problems. When it runs out, I'll replace it with Excel. Like MOBass, my fishing is pretty much recreational with the exception of the occasional charity tournament.

Latest posts

Back