XPS Cicada/Locust Update

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spanky P

Reaction score
Guys if I missed any kind of major update lately on the cicada lure just ignore my findings. Thought I'd let you know how I made out with it. I took advantage of the topwater bite on Sunday morning and this morning (no wind). Boated (4) smallies on two different color patterns. The black and brown in 1/4 oz. did not use 1/2 oz version. Was not taken by surprize that it would work. In my opinion as mentioned in the previous post, I don't think they respond to the fact it is a locust pattern. Just a quick reaction strike. In produced fish, slaps, and missed fish due to poor hook-sets on my part.

I will say it has my confidence and that it's a fish catcher. I will continue to use it but, I fish others that I won't leave home without. I think I'll use it as a change up type lure. Will probably get out on Friday night and will throw it around again.

I would recomend one in a natural color and they were only $2.99 . Any color will probably work. There are not many locust were I primarly fish, I bought it because it was pretty natural looking and thought it would fish like a jitterbug style lure.

It's funny how the Cicada lure is the hottest latest thang and the Jitterbug has been pushed to the back of the tackle box by most bass fishermen. It's (Jitterbug) one of my all time favorites and I don't even fish it all that often, just at dusk usually. Thanks for the update.

Harpo

I would not put it the hottest thing going category. Nor the next best thing since sliced bread.

I have chugs, torps, spooks, pop's and buzzes that I have more confidence in or just would be willing to grab first and tie on. I saw it and got hooked. I'm just glad it caught a few the first time it got thrown. Hope everyone who bought one can get a few at least.

I found one even better! If you guys like Zara Spooks then you gotta' try the Spitz by Bandit Lures! As Van Dam says...

AWESOME! The first I tried was the blue/chrome and let me tell ya'...it sold me in the first 10 casts!

I just stocked up on the Baby Bass pattern and gold/chrome with a touch of red under the chin. These babies have the "walk the dog" action but, the real deal is the spit!

And talk about a rattle that will draw em' outta deep water!

Just try one and let me know if I lied:)

TEE

SPRO make an awsome topwater that "spits" the gill plates are flared and painted blood red and as you walk the dog, it looks like the bait is flapping it's gills the same as a dying baitfish....you said baby bass, here is their offering...Oh, yeah..it's got a rattle the size of a marble and comes rigged with Gamakatsu hooks as well as hook keepers.

TOXIC
chug45babybasslarge.gif

Hey TEE,....Where are they located on Bandit's website??

All I see are crankbaits!!

Interesting...it isn't on the home site but, have the catalog right in front of me that has it(weird). BPS has em'...I got mine at Dick's Sporting Goods for $2.99 each on sale...so I stocked up:) They are the $h1+!

cool...i just saw them on the BPS page....thanks!! I'll pick up a few just on your recommendation alone!!

Now send an email to Bandit and get a sponsorship!! LOL!!

My favorite walk the dog bait is the Rapala Skitter Walk. It walks like it's been to obedence class and has very loud single ball rattle. Caught 4 in a row with one of those one time.

I've seen those Spro lures, very interesting but a little pricey. I'll have to pick up a couple. Same for the Bandit, I'm really starting to like their stuff.

Harpo

You'll like em' Mac...The walk actaully may be better because of the two little scoops on the chin. I think it acts as a small rudder....and like I said it spits like the dickens. It should be about the right size for some king size smallies.

BTW Mac....I'm still ready dude:)

We'll be hookin' up soon!! How far do you live from Erie?

(specifically, the Monroe, MI. area)??

Actually I'm about 3 hours away anyway you look at it. I'm just north of Dayton a little so I can run at the drop of a hat.I am ready...other than Dale I haven't had a chance to hit the smallies. We went last weekend but, more for meat..walleyes and white bass and only 1 smally about 3 1/2 but we weren't concentrating on em' since it's closed season anyway:)

I've got a couple weekends open in august,...and sept is lookin' good too...maybe you can come up when Toxic and Carlos cruise over...we;ll keep you in the loop!!

Mac

Sounds like a plan coming together....We'll GET ER' DONE! LOL

Latest posts

Back