Wrong Hull ID# ???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betty Smith

Reaction score
Not sure what to make of this. Have contacted tracker through various avenues, in an attempt to get our boat registered. Tracker says that the HID is wrong. I've double and triple checked the number. It's the same on both the little sticker and the metal plate attached to the boat. No idea why Tracker doesen't have it straightened out by now, but it sorta' gives me the creeps, since we're the third owner of this particular boat. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks,

Betty

Betty,

Not sure what you are trying to register with Tracker, could you explain? Do you have the title? We register our boats/motor vehicles/etc... with DMV.

Yes, we were trying to title the boat that we purchased, but when DMV contacted Tracker, the hull number was supposedly wrong. The hull number is on both a sticker and a metal plate attached to the back of the boat. We also ran into this trying to track down parts for the boat. In MS., we don't have to have a title for a boat, just the bill of sale.

Betty

Turns out the hull id didn't match the numbers on the boat. Well, the previous owner left his old registration in the glove box and it turns out the number on the boat was wrong and didn't match the hull id. In addition, though, when trying to obtain parts through the local tracker dealer, they asked for the HID. When we gave it to them, independent of the registration # on the boat, they still claimed that it was the wrong HID for the boat. I'm just wondering if it's a bookeeping error or what. Never heard of this one before, but you never know!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back