WOW

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Reppert

Reaction score
How does one flavor humble pie....

Ken, you have done far more than I anticipated or expected. I do not expect you to come all the way up here to install the pinpoint and as far as your offer of the gift certificate, I think a better thing to do with that is donate it to a cubscout troop.. after all your staff has found a way to send me the paper work so I do not have to travel down there for that. I would like to take you up on the offer of using a trolling motor in the interim...and when the other one comes in I could bring the boat down, and stay overnite in the area and get it the next day...maybe if I plan it right I could fish some lakes down there.

So, I will call you Thursday AM and work out the details...

now fifty lashes with a powerworm for jumping in before looking.....

It takes a big person to eat humble pie.

I saw this post and immediately thought, "The dealer makes the difference." It's just too bad Tracker can't clone Ken and the folks at Auburn Hills BPS, and scatter those clones around the rest of the country.

*****! (which means Auburn Hills is a '5-star' dealership)

MO

Ken saves the day AGAIN! It's getting to hard to find the hundred packs of powerworms, and Ken makes it to easy to buy the boat you want! So enjoy your boat, but I'm keeping my powerworms! Don't forget to bring him some limes!

Way to go Ken,...I didn't even write a reply to Druggie's initial post,....as soon as I read it, I knew you'd be all over it like flies on stink!! (I also knew there was a reason why Mike couldn't help him that night too, but I figured maybe he had a customer in his office at the time or something) but I'm glad you got this resolved......you ARE the reason I am glad to be a part of your team...rock on bigdog!!

Mac

That's our Prez! But having two of him MO? The world is not ready! LOL SO Drugman, you coming to rally now with that spiffy new Neeley autographed, tricked out, bass slaying, water beating machine?

I never said there should be two of him. That would imply one clone. In my post, I used the plural -- clones! There should be a Ken Neeley clone at every BPS and Tracker/Nitro dealership. And since he also has high praises for his staff, my post infers that you should clone them, too!

Heck, just clone the entire Auburn Hills staff and STORE and put the clones in every major U.S. city.

Dream big, I say. Dream BIG. (Don't take no pot shots at us fat guys, Scott and Trep!)

I don't think Corona could keep up with that kind of demand! LOL

As long as one of my clones gets a REAL job! So I can fish ALL the time...lol

Mini

Great idea Mini...I can teach my clone how to sit around here and do nothing all day while I fish!!!

John...I have a better idea for the gift certificate...I'll discuss it with you when you call.

There aren't enough wings/limes and tubes on the planet for all those clones!!! God save the world with another Mini on the loose!!

Maybe Tracker should pay more attention to the service their dealers are giving. It's a shame that a few dealers can give a bad name to a decent product, just by not being attentive to their customers. Maybe Tracker should start sending out survey cards to their customers, in order to increase the level of service to their customers. If they did this, they would be able to enforce some consistency in service, around the country. Anyone agree?

I still say Tracker Marine should give a rating to dealerships based on customer satisfaction surveys, like the auto dealerships do. Ford's Customer Care program and Daimler-Chrylser's five-star program combined!

You could use big bassus instead of stars.

Or five nice sparklie thingys, like spoons or spinners.

Or how about a five-prop rating!!! Slow, all the way up thorugh "Good-to-go" to "Look OUT!"

Those are both great points! I've been working with Five Star and Blue Oval dealerships for a few years now to help them achieve and maintain the customer satisfaction scores they need to call themselves "quality" dealerships.

I think this is EXACTLY what the boating community needs. The RV business just started last year with similiar programs and have seen much success. When you're dealing with vendors whose only concern is the bottom line on their P&L you MUST have a system to judge and maintain certain standards of customer satisfaction.

Further, you must hold them accountable to develop systems that will make these standards achievable. Ford has the ultimate method of accountability...qualify for Blue Oval every year and get 1% back (for an average size dealership this equates to just over a million bucks in refunds from the mfg).

If a boat manufacturer offered even half of this money to its retailers I GUARANTEE we would hear far less of the dealer horror stories we hear now.

Righto...

especially when people are reading mostly horror stories about service...

I can honestly say (Regardless of my other evil twins post earlier...he must take drugs...)the level of concern and service Ken and Mary have done for me is beyond what I have had anywhere else...

Kudos to them both...

Back