Wow! A great wrestler and family dead :)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Not much of a wrestling fan but, most anyone who turns on the TV knows of Chris Benoit.

Unconfirmed reports are saying he strangled his wife then later suffocated his son then hanged himself over the weekend:(

What in the world would make a man snap like that ?

Steroids?

Prayers out to the families.

Really tragic:(

Don't know him from a hole in the wall.

Still, my gut reaction is: The ultimate act of selfishness...you can't handle living, so you kill your loved ones before taking your own life.

They are looking into "roid rage" at this point.

90% of these wrestlers ball players and numerous athletes think they have to do sterioids:huh:

My bad...not wrestling anymore....just soap operas:wacko:

I finally gave up watching Wrestling about 3-4 years ago. They got into so much 'crap', I stopped watching. I have read the reports and watched a little of the 'tribute' to him last night.

Wife strangled on Friday. Son suffocated sometime Saturday. He hung himself sometime after. Hard to believe someone would do all that, and STAY in the house like that. We will never really know what happened.

Tragic, in that both a mother and her son lost their lives, like this. No matter what the reasons.

As far as the sucide thing, simply do not understand it at all.

I think the WWE was wrong to do a 3 hour (as I understand it) 'tribute' to someone, when it was pretty much understood this was likely to be a murder/sucide. That is one of the reasons I stopped watching. Anything for the buck.

Tex

Tex...

I agree that their motivation was probably money... But, anyone who does that is obviously gone way round the bend... So, as I understand it, in his not too distant past he was a great entertainer... Giving him a respectful tribute to his past performance is probably not too far out of line... This isn't an "OJ" where it was obvious that "spite/hatred" was the sole motivating factor... This guy had obviously lost touch with reality...

I guess in the WWF's defense, the tribute was not long after the news broke. There really wasn't much info coming out other than all three were dead. Could have been anything at that point, such as carbon monoxide, robbery/murder.

Can't say much now, other than hope he rots in hell.

Steve

Good people do some pretty bad things sometimes. Back in 1971, right after I got out of the Air Force a guy I worked with was involved in a custody battle with his ex-wife. He had custody of the little girl but the ex picked her up at the daycare and then had posession. The day they went to court to sort things out he told me that he was going to kill her if she won. I told him not to even think things like that much less say it out loud but I really didn't take him seriously. As you may have guessed, she won. He met her later that day at a Pizza Hut. Witnesses said that they sat and talked for awhile then he stood up and shot her in the head. He went home to his mothers house and went back to his old bedroom and blew his brains out. He died....the ex lived. He was a really good guy...or so it seemed.

Later in my life, 1984, right after my daughter was born we were living in our first brand new house. On afternoon a neighbor about 5 or 6 houses down, got into a fight with his wife. He shoved their two small children out on the lawn and shot the wife and then turned the gun on himself...with two toddlers standing on the front porch. I can't imagine that kind of insanity but it does exist.

I have two comments to add...

First, after a career in law enforcement I can honestly say that very little could ever surprise me... Certainly, irrational behavior was to some extent the "stock and trade" of that business.

Second, read this about the "history" of pro wrestling... http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6964262?MSNHPHMA

Today was the first I had heard of this. So I don't know any of the details but the BS on the radio this morning. It's a loss know matter how it shakes out, but we may never know what happened, we will see and hear what the press wants to publish, but is that always the truth or what sells more papers? Don't expect better from the wwe. The media whores will milk this for every dollar no matter what the truth is.

BF

I just can't comprehend on what kind of problem would cause him to snap.

That had to be some kind of uncontrolled rage:blink:

Lot's more 'stuff' coming out, as the story unfolds. For the most part, we will never know what really happened. Most, right now, is speculation. From everything reported though, the only people that are really using the term 'roid rage' - is the media. Let's not forget, this is their latest 'thing' to latch onto.

And, until all the toxicology reports come in, there is no telling what either he, or his wife may have been taking.

Tex

They know the boy was being injected with growth hormones:wacko:

Tee, you are correct that is no reason and Tex is also correct we don

It is sad, but to kill your wife and kid is sick.there was reports of all kinds of prescribed drugs in the house.I would say it was a roid rage.Most of the wrestlers in the WWE when you look at them you would think that they are on roids.

Back