Would you believe....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre Voisine

Reaction score
Got the 901 running oh so close to 80mph. Yes folks, this is GPS speeds. I will let you know when I get there...and show you the GPS's

Pierre

I have a Verado on mine, and there a few things that can be done to tweak it. No Tox it's not in real units. Although I can easily hit 80mph on the highway....

Pierre, I hit 52 in my TV-18 (speedo) yesterday and it felt good. My partners boat, 929 with 225 presses me back in the seat pretty good and flies. I can't imagine 80!!!!!!!

I did get passed once when my old Fisher would top out a little over 70 by a Blazer. The guy went by me like I was sitting still! Miles down the lake I passed him and stopped. I asked him how fast he was going? He said, I don't know? Once the speedo hits 90 I"m afraid to take my eyes off the water as things come up too fast!

Just be careful but enjoy!

Randy!

80 mph can kill you way faster than a slower speed. The fish can wait a few minutes.:(

fatrap

WOW Pierre! I've done 76mph with Dan J in his old 929 w/250 Merc and a hair over that in a friends' Skeeter with a 250 Yammie, but MAN 80mph in a 901 with a 200 Verado! SWEET!!

I did hit 55mph this weekend with Eli and I in a tourney in the morning! We always sing "I can't Drive 55" till it hits 55!! LOL

I hit 24 mph with my PT 165 and a 25HP Merc. Wahoo! What a rush! Blew by a turtle like it was standin' still......:lol::lol::lol:

Scott

80mph in a bass boat is just too fast for me. I've ridden in tournaments as a co-angler with people going 70+ that have NO business driving that fast. A lady lost control and almost killed me in LA. I was about 2 feet away from smacking a tree. After that, I have no desire to go that fast in a bass boat. Doing 70+ on a SeaDoo is a rush but only on the weekdays when there is no one on the lake. I am sure you drive safe but I will keep my 115. :p

I've been in one Bass Boat during a tourney where my GPS clocked us at 78mph (it was a Nitro). After that, I determined that I had no urge whatsoever in going that fast on water again.:unsure:

Just far too fast for these old bones, and the 'overall control' at that speed was not all that great (for my liking as a passenger). :( :( :(

Tex

I hit 6.0 MPH today in my electric jon! (114lbs. of thrust w/3 TM's) Never saw the first bass boat, jetski, ski boat or tuna cruiser. Man, I'm beginning to really love these electric only watersheds chock full of bass!! :D

I hear ya regarding the speed comments. Really in these parts there's no need for big or fast boats. I'm not a speed demon, can't really afford to run full out all the time, which is why I bought a 4stroke.....but do you ever have that moment when that idot flies by with a sh*t eating grin ?

It's nice to have the power to be the fastest and baddest on these waters. All I really want to do is see the faces of the guys who are running down the lakes in the $70k boats with 250's while I casually blow them out of the water with my little 4 stroke 200hp Nitro. Then I'll slow down and go fishing.....

i hit 30 mph with my tracker with the 40 horse jet and i thought i was flying. dont want to have any collisions with rocks on the susquehanna river

Back