WORST Outdoor Show Ever:

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ESPN2 has gone completly downhill. Except for Jimmy Houston I never watch it at all. I just don't care about fly fishing and deep sea fishing. I am also sick of bass pros, namely Hank Parker and Shaw Grigsby, that I used to enjoy watching and getting good bass fishing knowledge from are now most of the time blue water fishing or fishing for snook or something like that. I'm sure there are lots of folks that enjoy watching something differant and perhaps live in an area where they can go salt water fishing but I don't. Call me one demensional but I want to see nothing but BASS FISHING. It's sad to say but anymore, Bill Dance is the best bass fishing show on TV, although I did enjoy watching Denny & Chad Brauer this morning.

Rant over

This message was approved by Harpo

OK, You're one dimensional....LOL

Seriously though, I enjoy watching people cath other species of fish from salt & fresh water on all kids of tackle. Honestly, how often can watch Bubba throw a crankbait at a stump??? Two more months from now I can go do that myself as much as I want.

But to catch a Lousiana Red Fish or a Snook or Tarpon off the Florida keys....Those are trips that dreams are made of. Alaskan Halibut? Sign me up!!!

If I want bass tips I'll read BassMaster or buy a DVD....When I want to travel the world and catch exotic species from places I'll have to win the lottery to visit, then I'll be watching ESPN and OLN every Friday Night, Saturday & Sunday morning.

Im with you Sooner but to a point. I cant stand fishing for exotics but maybe Peacock Bass. I only like inland fishing. I like to watch a little bit of everkind of freshwater fishing like fly fishing for steelhead and other sorts of trout, the Linders catch some monstar CRAPPIE, bluegill, cats or walleye.

BTW- Fly fishing has turned my crank since I got to go with my uncle this passed Fall to battle huge Salmon.

T.S.

My son Brandyn and I will be trying our hand at some Fly fishing this year. I think I'm going to pick up a couple of the Dogwood Canyon outfits to get started with. I can't wait to get into some St. Clair Smallies on fly-rod.

It was kind of a Candid Camera knock-off.

In one clip, they had a guy outside a sports show with a cardboard sign saying "Hunt Me for $". Not only was it not funny, but they chose a sports show that was VERY sparsely attended..... They must have had to wait for hours to get someone to walk by..... Very poorly done.

Then there was a bit that ticked me off..... Bunch of guys win a fly fishing trip - all except one are in on the gag. The guy who's not in on the gag is a big burly sort and in walks his roommate - all in pink and supposedly gay..... Asks him if their going to take showers together..... Keeps pursuing him..... I can laugh at a good "gay" joke with the best of them, but this was just not at all funny. Period.

I want to write a letter to the Producer of the show, but I haven't decided yet how to tell him in a polite way how assinine it was.

Sounds pretty lame. I'm glad I missed that one. If I ever stumble across it while channel surfing, I'll remember to just keep on clickn'....

Don't waste your time Me....just turn the channel. Ratings speak louder than letters..I've seen that show too an I agree...it sucks,...it won't be on next year anyway.

Staci, I'm sorry to tell you that on some topics, you're more easily offended than most others.

I haven't seen the show, but it almost sounds right up my alley. Everyone has some streak of Bubba in them, and this one sounds like it would appeal to that streak. The SIZE of the streak would obviously determine the interest.

However, I agree with Harpo on the general feelings of ESPN, and especially any rude comments about what ESPN has done to BASS.

Bubba.....

Your 11-year old son/nephew combo wouldn't have found this show humorous.

I get a huge kick out of South Park and The Man Show!

Laughed my head off at To Wong Fu, The Birdcage and Blazing Saddles!

Dustin Hoffman was hilarious as Tootsie!

I laugh at myself and my situation constantly!

Good humor is good humor!

This show was just plain and simple poorly done and tasteless.

me!

Let me take this a bit further.....

Situation #1:

There is absolutely nothing funny about hunting another Human Being.

Even the Cop didn't find it humorous after he was told.

Situation #2:

A characterization of a gay man as a little person dressed in pink could be funny if done with some air of respect. It wasn't.

Having him pursue and pursue and pursue a straight man in a public place like a sporting goods store..... That put the big, burly guy in a very, very uncomfortable spot. I would have applauded him had he decked the little sob.

Back