"Word of Mouse"!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
"Word of Mouse" was the title of one of the articles on CNN last night.....

They were discussing the power of posts by "independent critics" on the internet - people like us who post our personal experiences with products and services.

They mentioned that Amazon.com had severely cut back on media advertising; Amazon found that the majority of their new business was coming from "word of mouth advertising" they received for treating their customers right!

Another area discussed was how "bogus" reports could be posted and used to manipulate a sight. I found that very interesting because they said that, in most cases, the site members quickly identified those anonymous posts and disregarded them - just as we do here!

"Thanks!", again, to Rich Stern for all his efforts!

me!

That's exactly why manufacturers need to keep an eye on sites like this!! Tracker does.....Guest/Charge-Pro does......Pure Fishing does. Marketing 101, direct input from the ennd product user...priceless.

TOXIC

I think WE all know who's who here and don't have an issue with posts like that,,,THEY know they'd get their butts run off this site. If Tracker is watching this site...They need to listen a little closer.

TEE

Tracker watches the site. It how they act or don't act on the wealth of information it contains that concerns me.

david......

Easy Tee! LOL Don't get wound up. I like the idea and like everyone said, it's an invaluable FREE resource. Like David said, it's what they do with it that's the key!

Just as "me" said about members dismissing "bogus" or "bashing" posts,I'm sure the companies do the same.A well stated,POLITE,yet FIRM letter or post will get them thinking better than harping over and over.

But I also can see how somebody spends alot of hard earned money,gets a bad product,and no help,wants to go postal.

Steve R.

Yeah Yeah...I'm not wound up. You know sometimes you can do everything in your power to be polite, courteous and even givin' the poorbastards the benefit of the doubt and it happens anyway....at least that was my last experience.

Really what gets my goat more than ANYTHING these days....NOT gettin' what I paid for or what they are advertising. Advertising itself is a huge huge deception these days....tactics I guess but, TEE don't play that game.

TEE

Ya just gotta meke em' step up and deliver TEE. Now how to do that without getting overly nasty is an art form!!

TOXIC

It worked for me! Got a spare(chrome wheel) Two nice lifejackets and a $100 gift certificate...your right it IS an art form. I was asked by someone onetime.."Do you always get what you want Mr. Rich"? I thought for a second and said ,"You bet and if I don't...I will eventually".

TEE

Latest posts

Back