Wire cover behind drivers seat on 2014 175 txw.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzodarg

Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing that POS lowrance pro4 that came with the boat (bought a dragonfly). Read a thread here that talks about removing the screws that hold the cover, well I found 2 screws. Can"t seem to locate anymore. I removed the two sheet metal screws, there has to be more as the cover won't budge. Any insight would be truly appreciated.

Regards,
Mike

I assume you're talking about the side throttle area cover? Pictures are worth a thousands words. IF your's is similiar to my 2013 Pro 175 TX, then its 4 on top (have to feel for them) and 2 on each side which is enough to open it some. Then 4 more screws holding down another cover that hides the cables coming from the motor area. Have to be VERY careful not to bugger up the screws so make sure you have the right screwdriver bit for the job.

I assume you're talking about the side throttle area cover? Pictures are worth a thousands words. IF your's is similiar to my 2013 Pro 175 TX, then its 4 on top (have to feel for them) and 2 on each side which is enough to open it some. Then 4 more screws holding down another cover that hides the cables coming from the motor area. Have to be VERY careful not to bugger up the screws so make sure you have the right screwdriver bit for the job.

Your correct, a photo would be better. I'll try and shoot one this evening when I get home.

Mike

Ok, I looked again last night, still can't remove the cover (pictured below) It appears that the Power wire from the plug side goes up under the dash and the transducer wire is the only wire that runs thru the gunwel cover. Tried tugging on the wires, no play whatsoever. I'm thinking they were ziptied. As you can see I found two screw, but nothing else.

photo_zps6e88d5ac.jpg

Yes, they do ziptie the wires together. I can't even tell from the picture where everything is on that boat. I see some hints of red. You should have a cupholder on the right side of your console. Pop it out and you can see a little better. I also had to remove the 4 screws from the dash panel to lift it out of the way to get my hands in there. Show more pictures - the side mounted controls, your dash area, and the starboard side area (take 2 or 3 pics) from the console back to stern taken from the port side midsection. Might have to zoom a little. I see the plastic hump of what I think is the beginnings of the console edge but I don't see the side mounted controls.

Here's a few pics of how I worked on mine, as your layout might be different - but I didn't think it was that much. View of side mount with 4 screws on top and 2 on sides removed enough to open channel.

Trackerthrottlepanelview.jpg~original

Cup holder removed to show wires inside

Trackerviewofinsidecupholderconsole.jpg~original

Side cover on starboard side 4 screws removed to show cable routed

Trackeraftviewofcableroute.jpg~original

and dash opened to get hand inside to wires (easier than crawling underneath console) but you will eventually for wiring to fuse panel.

TrackerwithMercMonitorinbehinddash.jpg~original

Yes, they do ziptie the wires together. I can't even tell from the picture where everything is on that boat. I see some hints of red. You should have a cupholder on the right side of your console. Pop it out and you can see a little better. I also had to remove the 4 screws from the dash panel to lift it out of the way to get my hands in there. Show more pictures - the side mounted controls, your dash area, and the starboard side area (take 2 or 3 pics) from the console back to stern taken from the port side midsection. Might have to zoom a little. I see the plastic hump of what I think is the beginnings of the console edge but I don't see the side mounted controls.

Will take more this evening. I don't have a cup holder like you do, not sure when that changed but cup holders are in the floor now. The side cover in your last photo is what I am trying to remove. I can only find 2 screws, went by the local Tracker dealer today, easily found all four screw on another boat.

finally found the other screws, they were located in crooked....Anyway now i need to remove the throttle, hope it's easier than the cover panel.... ;-)

shouldn't have to remove throttle, just enough screws to open the panel a little to access the wiring channel, let it hinge out a little.

Got it all installed, transducer placement needs to be tweaked (looses data when on plane). Overall I'm pleased!

Here's a few pics of how I worked on mine, as your layout might be different - but I didn't think it was that much. View of side mount with 4 screws on top and 2 on sides removed enough to open channel.

Trackerthrottlepanelview.jpg~original

Cup holder removed to show wires inside

Trackerviewofinsidecupholderconsole.jpg~original

Side cover on starboard side 4 screws removed to show cable routed

Trackeraftviewofcableroute.jpg~original

and dash opened to get hand inside to wires (easier than crawling underneath console) but you will eventually for wiring to fuse panel.

TrackerwithMercMonitorinbehinddash.jpg~original

Latest posts

Back