Wipe Down Formula

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Jon Pease

Reaction score
What do you guys use at the ramp to get the stained water marks off your fiberglass?

This has worked great for me on the glass and is real easy in between true wax jobs....Turtle Wax in the spray bottle.

Gets off the gunk and leaves a shine and UV protection all in one shot. Just be sure to use it more sparingly than Windex and rub it in real good.

--Corey

I have been using that Meguires Showroom spray. Really brings out the shine of the boat. Then on the Motor that sits in the water all day, I will spray a couple of shots of C.L.R on a damp rag that I use for Hard water treatment. Not a water spot to be seen.

Max

This is a good question, my last boat was "tin" and I did nothing other than to hit it with the hose when I got home. (I think I washed it with car soap once) The new Nitro hull is white, and I found the scum is showing up quickly. I need some suggestions on what to try also.

I keep a bottle of turtle wax spay with me and before I put the cover back on I wipe down the boat with the turtle wax.It looks great every time.I was at a tournament last year and a guy had a 4 yr old boat that looked like it just rolled out of the show room and that is what he did.

try it!

Kraig

303 is what i use to keep the shine and protect against UV. once on, the scum lines are not bad and just wipe right off after a days fishin. most of the damage is done by the UV. the 303 is great to put on right after you load your boat after fishing. simple spray on, wipe off and your done and ready for the next trip. the 303 lasts well compared to waxes i've tried. check out 303products.com or do a search for 303. it is even better on your vinyl seats, dash, plastics, rub rails, tires, and even the tm bracket. i can't say enough about 303 as i really like it.

jd

Star Brite Spray Detailer. Cleans it fast leaving a showroom shine at about $5 a 21 oz. btl. IMHO

Some of the best stuff on the market is made by Honda (the motorcycle manufacturer) It is called, Honda Spray cleaner/ polish. It is available at your local Honda motorcycle dealer. All the motorcycle Magazines RAVE about this stuff for quick clean ups.

And for those who shot their whole wad on the boat and can't afford all of ya'll's "pretty in a bottle" sprays, good ole vinegar and water (1 to 4 mix) will take it off and leave the wax. Sheesh.....

TOXIC

I would hate to be "wad-less"! hahaha

On my painted TV-18, a nice dry towel does the trick!

snicker, snicker

az

Latest posts

Back